Change Mode

Windows Update

postboygerry

Egads, I'm running out of ideas ....try this:

Step 1. Open Notepad (or any text editor).

Step 2. Copy and paste the following command lines into the Notepad window (the /s switch runs the commands silently, freeing you from having to press Enter after each line):

regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll
regsvr32 /s wups2.dll
regsvr32 /s wups.dll
regsvr32 /s wuweb.dll

Step 3. Save the file to your desktop, using a .bat or .cmd extension.

Step 4. Double-click the icon of the .bat or .cmd file.

Step 5. A command window will open, run the commands, and then close.

The next time you visit the Windows Update site, you should not have any problem installing the latest patches. ..Or?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would this be worth trying ??

1. Open the registry editor by going to Run and typing in regedit
  2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
  3. Edit the ProgramFilesDir and CommonFilesDir entries so that they point to the actual location of your Program Files and Common Files folders (most likely just change the drive letter from C: to D:)
  4. Close the registry editor, KB974431 should now install without any problems

What? I asked you if you created a 'junction' by moving (possibly Users directories) to a different hard disk?

I see you have $$PendingFiles directory, which only appears if one has moved the Program Files or ProgramData directory to another drive and linked it with junction.

Also read my post #16 again.

Now, you want to do this?

3.Edit the ProgramFilesDir and CommonFilesDir entries so that they point to the actual location of your Program Files and Common Files folders (most likely just change the drive letter from C: to D:)

Sorry I was not confident enough to try the restore link ,do I have to wait for windows to be automatically activated in 3 days??as I tried my code and it was not recognised.

Edited by postboygerry

2.Right-click Computer.
3.Select Properties.
4.At the bottom of the window, click Activate Windows now.
In the Product Activation Wizard, follow these steps:

1.Click Use the automated phone system to activate.

2.Click the drop-down menu, select the location that is nearest to you, and then click Next.

3.The Product Activation Center telephone number is displayed under Step 1.

For more information about how to activate Windows 7, see Activate Windows 7 on this computer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/activate-windows#1TC=windows-7

please disregard my last message i have now activated windows{ im off to get my eyes tested } and as i said updates all seem to instal fine tho no sign YET of the problem maker lol. now i need to find the disc for my Eee wireless keyboard as it dont work properly.Thank you for you patience and help.