One Question Anti-Virus Survey for Windows 8/8.1 Users

If they'd only realize how defeating that is and how many problems it can cause...

:geezer:

Well if you've already installed windows you'll already have that defeated feeling with all the problems it can cause!

I don't have windows 8 but, and remember I can be very wrong, people are using both windows defender and a antivirus for best protection.

And again, if I'm not wrong, windows defender comes pre-installed by Microsoft?

I don't have windows 8 but, and remember I can be very wrong, people are using both windows defender and a antivirus for best protection.

And again, if I'm not wrong, windows defender comes pre-installed by Microsoft?

It is installed in Windows 8, 8.1 & currently Windows 10.

It is somewhat concealed and unobtrusive, so many don't even think about it being there.

By default, it is set to run "Real Time" protection in the background, which can easily be shut off in it's 'Settings' window.

Thing is, at least with Windows 8.1, when I messed with it, I saw no difference or issues with it running at the same time as Avast, Avira or PC Matic.

Those are the only ones I played with, but it at least they "played" nice together.

Do I recommend that they are both kept running "Real Time" ? No, not at all.

My recommendation is to turn off Defender's Real Time protection and run a different AV.

:) Y

Archived