Change Mode

Aftermarket Cooler - VGA

how bout some zalman vf900's??

EDIT: then again it might be to much $ for those, and you would still need to cool the memory. i looked for ya but couldnt find anything cost effective. try ebay,im guessing you could get a fan for like $10

Edited by brownhornet

Looking for an aftermarket/replacement cooler for my Sapphire Radeon 3870x2...card runs great but the fan is going south (getting noisy).

Ideas or suggestions?

edit: Agent Smith, you still finding good deals on mining cards??

:geezer:

Still quite a few out there for..... $100 gets you a 7950 around here...

Heck, you can get 290'son ebay for $190-210 now!!! That's a lot of graphical horsepower for the $$.

You overclock a 7950, and still have a heck of a gamer.... plus you'll have DX11

I been playing Crysis 3 for a few weeks now, and am blown away with the graphics on this game. I run it maxed out 1080P 4xSMAA

Am totally impressed with the old Phenom, and this budget 280x

The problem with buying coolers for old cards, is the fact you are spending 30-40% of what it would cost to buy a much more powerful card. Stating the obvious there, but def. something to think about.

This is for the PC in my living room that I use for HTPC or whatever, streaming video from the "net". If I'm going to upgrade, I'll need a new TV first, one with HDMI cause all the newer cards have HDMI not s-video ports...If I get a TV, then I can run one of my GTX460's in this rig, because they have the HDMI port + 2 DVI's...then I can upgrade the card later...would definitely like to have a 280x or 290x tho'..........

I'd already looked at those and it's a mammoth cooler. Unfortunately it doesn't mention compatibility with my card...

oh i know i was just showing ya an obvious overkill cooler,would rather use a kraken cooler than that monster.

i hate it when a deal comes along and the wallet is empty,i bet you could have talked him down to maybe a $100 for each

I'm doubting it as he stated in the ad that prices were cheap and he could easily sell all, tells me that he knows what they're worth..... ;)