Change Mode

Video Problem

caintry_boy

Awhile back I set up a 4P AMD rig running a Supermicro H8QGL-IF+ motherboard, 4 Opteron 6000 series CPU's, 32Gb of ECC RAM, using onboard video and cooling with air.... Today I restarted the machine and no video...it has a PCI-E slot so I installed a card and booted to BIOS, made sure it was set to use the video card and saved/exited BIOS. All is good until I get to my SUSE 13.1 desktop and it looks like this:

post-3307-0-12529100-1411858640_thumb.jpg

Need Nvidia repo? Card is Nvidia GTX460...mobo is here > http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron6000/SR56x0/H8QGL-iF_.cfm

:geezer:

click green icon bottom left corner, mouse over applications, click on system in new menu, click on configuration, click on configure nvidia x server settings.

change your screen resolution there.

alternatively

click green icon bottom left corner, click on system settings, click on display and monitor

change your screen resolution there.

:b33r:

terry1966, on 28 Sept 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:
click green icon bottom left corner, mouse over applications, click on system in new menu, click on configuration, click on configure nvidia x server settings.

Bloody hell, mate, those directions had me all bollocksed until I realized that I chose "Classic Menu Style" instead of the default SUSE menu. On mine you'd click on "Configure Desktop" and then scroll down to Hardware and then Display and Monitor.