Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattyang

MALWARE SCANNED AND INFECTIOUS FOUND

Did a scan with Malware and was advised the following infected:

Registry Keys: 45 Infections

Registry Values: 3 Infections

Registry Data: 9 Infections

Folders: 138 Infections

Files: 457 Infections

As the above list is extensive, I have just given a summary.

Also when I start Firefox my homepage was changed from my normal start up home page for this browser.

I admit it was my bad to have downloaded a exe file from a so call trusted website. :(

Appreciate some guidance to help me clear up this mess.

P.S. For the time being the infected items found by Malware has been quarantine.

I think theres more going on here then you see.

In the upper-right corner of the Firefox window, click the Firefox menu button (3 thin lines) Clipboard01_zps2e55f676.jpg, then click on the Help (light blue question mark) button.

From the Help menu, choose Troubleshooting Information.

If youre unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting information page.

Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.

To continue, click on the Reset Firefox button in the new confirmation window that opens.

Firefox will close itself and will revert to its default settings. When its done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click on the Finish.

Note: Your old Firefox profile will be placed on your desktop in a folder named Old Firefox Data. If the reset didnt fix your problem you can restore some of the information not saved by copying files to the new profile that was created. If you dont need this folder any longer, you should delete it as it contains sensitive information.

Please download Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop:

FRST 32bit or FRST 64bit (If not sure which version: Start --> Computer (right click) --> properties)

(To use correct version for your system.....Which system am I using?)

• Run FRST
    • Don´t change the checkboxes just click on Scan.
    • Logfiles are created on your desktop.
    • Post the FRST.txt
    • The first time the tool is run it generates another log Addition.txt - Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

NEXT

Please go the Have I Been Hijacked?

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/forum/25-have-i-been-hijacked/

Start a new topic and copy and paste the FRST logs there.

Mattboy,

You wrote about going to Firefox only to find it's browser picture/persona having been changed. I also have Malware which I'm being helped for elsewhere but I wonder if the personal was Groovy Blue. Before I knew about having malware, I noticed my persona had changed to Groovy Blue and I'd always change it back only to have it go back to Groovy Blue the next time I opened Firefox.

Also - did everything work out with your problems?

Thanks,

dee