Progress Drop

Any idea why this happened? Is it normal for wu's to drop in progress? Is this a sign of trouble from either my mobo or CPU?

This mobo runs CPU at 3.39GHz whereas other boards have always run it at 3.42GHz. I've never overclocked, the mobo seems to underclock it and there's no options in BIOS to change anything for CPU.. nothing at all for FSB, core voltage, multiplier.. it's all locked. I've read on Intel's site there should be option to change voltage for DDR and PCI/AGP but those options are not there either. I can however change the DDR timings and set it for 266, 333 or 400 MHz.

I'm wondering if maybe the current BIOS is not designed for this CPU. I believe the current one is P18 and on Intel site for drivers/downloads the final one is P25 and it's listed as adding CPU support. Maybe I'll go ahead and download that last revision BIOS and flash it to see if that changes anything.

Client was showing progress at 90% - 99% for about 35 minutes or so and estimating 6742 ppd. Base credit is 1593 points for this wu and an estimate of 3629 for it being completed before the timeout.

th_bigfolding_zpsf1f40bde.jpg

Once it hit 100% instead of being finished it dropped back down to 80% and the ETA up to 1 day. The estimated ppd started dropping off as well (currently sitting at 254) and the wu is still not yet finished. It's at almost 92% and an ETA of ~12.5 hours to go yet.

th_dropinprogress_zpsd4b31d99.jpg

Got it from Stanford site on the download page. It's the standard client version 7.4.4

I found that "skin" under Preferences and it puts up another window, at the bottom is option for 'User Interface' and I chose the Theme 'Wii-Black'

This mobo runs CPU at 3.39GHz whereas other boards have always run it at 3.42GHz.

nothing to worry about, just means the bus speed is slightly off. eg say it's set for 200 with a multi of 17 that would give you the correct rating of 3400 for the cpu but it's actually running at 199.5hz then you get the cpu speed of 3.39ghz and when it was showing 3.42 on different motherboard the bus was running slightly fast so when set at 200 it was running at 201 x 17 = about the 3.42ghz reading there.

no idea what happened with your work unit maybe got corrupted when tried saving finished result so dropped back to last good known save position and just carried on from there again so you never lost the whole points just a %age of them.

:b33r:

thanks terry!!

that may be right about the fsb running at 199.5 last time I had everest on here it showed something around that. it also showed that cpu/mobo and version of Windows are PAE compatible, but PAE is disabled. not sure I would need that feature though and I have no clue how to enable it.

the low fsb thing is just the reason I stopped using name brand machines (Dell to be specific). if I pay for a mobo/cpu that is rated for 800MHz fsb, it had better give at least the full 800 that is promised. Dell has never been able to give the full performance that should be had and then want to charge nearly twice as much as the cost of a custom machine.

as for this mobo, I just know it's an Intel D865GLC.. possible it could be from a Gateway or eMachine, but I have no idea for sure. even put the AA number in on Intel site and it simply shows as an Intel product. in BIOS it lists the board as "Concentric" for the brand name. glad I paid only $14 for it and not a lot more. oh well, I've got the AMD Phenom to work with now so that's a better deal to spend on upgrades for.

pae (physical address extension.) is to allow 32bit cpu's to use more than 4GB of memory, so i doubt you need to worry about that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Address_Extension

:b33r:

more info.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366796.aspx

http://superuser.com/questions/320992/how-to-check-if-pae-is-enabled-windows-7-32-bits

Edited by terry1966

Well it finally finished about a day and a half past the timeout, but before expiration so I guess not too bad. I ended up getting 1,593 points for it so that puts me back up as active!!

Really too bad it couldn't have finished before the timeout, that would have given me enough points to get next milestone. Shouldn't be long though!