Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JustinP526

Refund on your decade old electronics

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2014/07/17/overpaid-electronic-gear-refunds-memory-settlement/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl16|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D504412

"The settlement affects almost every consumer and business that purchased computers and other electronic devices from 1998 to 2002," Tracy Kirkham, one of the attorneys who filed the class action lawsuit, said in a statement. "We encourage everyone to file a claim to get what is owed to them."

Not sure I'd be able to collect much myself if it's for devices manufactured/sold only between 1998-2002. Most of my electronics are from the late '70s or newer than 2004.

http://dramclaims.com/

That leaves me out ... my custom built computer, in the year 2000, was built by frick and frack. Neither one had a clue and they 'gouged'!

I bought a VPR Matrix computer in 2002 (with an inkjet printer at the same time - not sure if this fits the criteria). I've submitted them - we'll see what happens

I did see that it mentions printers and even video game consoles... I may try submitting my Nintendo 64 and GameCube, don't know if I still have my original PlayStation.

Think it should be ok to submit what you have. If it's not covered you don't get anything back. Maybe still worth a try since it only takes a few minutes to do.

It's been two years (this month) since Justin first advised us about this settlement and I went ahead and filed my claim at that time. I've been checking the link every few months or so to see if the case had been dismissed, or was still active, or extended, etc. and I saw that the issuing of settlement checks was to begin this month.

Today I received a check for $16.77

Not a lot of money but not a lot of effort either

Thanks Justin! :tup: