Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anthony Robert Agee

Atuzi Malware

I searched the forum and could not find information about Atuzi Malware. Popups and annoying tabs open up. I can't find a removal solution I can trust without downloading more malware. Anyone have experience in removing this? Help please.

see if this helps and click on the 2 links provided in the comments for malwarebytes and adwcleaner programs, i checked and they are the correct links and do take you to legit download sites for the programs.

:b33r:

the direct links are :- malwarebytes :- https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

adwcleaner :- http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/dl/125/

You should start by running a Malwarebytes scan... Get Malwarebytes here > Malwarebytes

Run it like this:

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Also download DDS from here > Download DDS

Download DDS and save it to your desktop. Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
Vista/Win7 right click on the DDS icon and select "Run as Administrator" to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run). XP just double click the icon to run the tool.
When done, DDS.txt will open.
After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
Save both reports to your desktop.
Please post the contents of the DDS.txt and Attach.txt logs in a new thread that you start here > http://forums.pcpits...-been-hijacked/

Post the Malwarebytes log first then the DDS.txt and Attach.txt logs in that order.

Wait for help in that forum from one of our Trusted Malware Techs...they work other forums also so please be patient. ;)

:geezer:

edit: looks like Terry beat me...sort of... :P

you should know better than to link to 2nd party sites for software. :P

always best to get malwarebytes from the malwarebytes site NOT sites like majorgeeks.

even tho both say it is the same version of malwarebytes, the md5 sums of each are different which means there is a difference in the majorgeeks file from the original and if i was to guess i'd say they (majorgeeks) have bundled a web browser or something into the original malwarebytes file, and why you should ALWAYS get your software from the makers site when possible.

you should know better than to link to 2nd party sites for software. :P

always best to get malwarebytes from the malwarebytes site NOT sites like majorgeeks.

even tho both say it is the same version of malwarebytes, the md5 sums of each are different which means there is a difference in the majorgeeks file from the original and if i was to guess i'd say they (majorgeeks) have bundled a web browser or something into the original malwarebytes file, and why you should ALWAYS get your software from the makers site when possible.

I beg your pardon your majesty... :lol: just teasing...I had thought I had the proper bookmark, guess I was wrong, I've edited my post to the REAL Malwarebytes download. ;)

:geezer: