Hey nigsy!

got it running yet?

if not ask tx i'd think installing the needed cuda drivers is more or less the same no matter what distro is being used.

:b33r:

No, although I didn't mess with it. I just let it run on the CPU today, although I DID download the CUDA driver...Tx. wasn't much help, except to say "download the F@H client and install it, it'll run."

:geezer:

Replied to your PM....But yep Tx is about right (don't ya just love him!); Install the very latest client and it should run.

There were a couple of trick Terry had about moving certain config files from one folder to another; but I can't find the thread that helped me with my CPU..may be that's the answer though.

nigsy, tx what nvidia driver you using and how did you install it?

maybe caintry just needs a newer driver, but i always thought you needed to install cuda to get gpu folding working?

also did you need to add any flags, like beta to the gpu client to get it working?

if you still can't get it working caintry let me know and i'll run through a complete install of fah and see if i can figure out if there is a step your missing to get it running on my gtx275.

nigsy to get the control working you needed to move/copy 2 fah folders from python 2.6 to python 2.7 folder.

full path was /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ and the folders were fah and fahcontrol something into /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/

oh i'm pretty sure if i try i can get it folding. ;)

especially if this is correct :- http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-gpu3-common

supported gpu's

For Nvidia
  • GeForce 8/9 Series
  • GeForce 100/300 Series (most)
  • GeForce 200/400 Series
  • Quadro FX 360, 370, 570, 1600, 1700, 3600, 3700, 4600, 5600
  • Quadro NVS 130, 135, 140, 290, 320
  • Tesla C870*, 20 Series, T10/C1060/S1070
  • MCP77/78*
  • NVIDIA GeForce G*

and it is listed in fah's gpu white list.

0x10de:0x05e0:2:1:GT200b [GeForce GTX 295]0x10de:0x05e1:2:1:GT200 [GeForce GTX 280]0x10de:0x05e2:2:1:GT200 [GeForce GTX 260]0x10de:0x05e3:2:1:GT200b [GeForce GTX 285]0x10de:0x05e6:2:1:GT200b [GeForce GTX 275]

Don't have Nvidia card any more....I now have a cheap Radeon card that's not supported:

nigsy@linux-2gvb:~>  /sbin/lspci -nnk | grep VGA -A2
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV730 XT [Radeon HD 4670] [1002:9490]
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:21c9]
        Kernel driver in use: radeon

Probably not much use for C_B's problem. If it's any help I would have used whatever driver SUSE went for by default.

ok did a clean install of suse 13.1 and installed folding, got the cpu folding no problems but the gpu was assigned 2 servers gpu and gpu2, checked the servers at fah and neither had any wu's so it never got sent one to fold.

so you were correct caintry it won't fold, but only because it seems fah have changed things again and dropped the wu's it could fold on linux and it looks like they are concentrating on newer cards in linux while in windows i believe they would still send it work to fold at the moment.

what card you trying to fold on caintry? think it should work but we'll need to check your gpu slot settings and also see if it was recognised and assigned a gpu3 server.

we'll also check what nvidia drivers you have installed too.

Well, we hog-tied 'er and put 'er away wet didn't we pardner? Still running on both CPU and GPU (spying via Team Viewer) although it seems a mite slow...night need to go into Config and allot some CPU core toward the GPU...

:geezer:

well i'll let you sort the tweaks to get best ppd, but all that should be easy now that we sorted out some drivers that match and work together.

no idea what the difference is between the nvidia drivers in the nvidia repo and the ones in the cuda repo, both seem to be exactly the same in my repo's but obviously there is a difference because it only started folding using the cuda drivers.

forgot to ask, but now in the control panel under system info does the gpu now show any info next to cuda at the bottom?