Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

exn01

Super Shield ability - confirmation

I currently have Norton Internet Security and Zone Alarm free Firewall running on my PC. I just want to confirm that I should de-install both the Anti-Virus and Firewall software and have only Super Shield installed and running to have the best protection? I find a lot of comments about the latest in AV and Malware products and as such am getting confused.

Most competing security products provide a 'Real Time' agent running in the background. SuperShield is also a real-time agent and is monitoring every application that attempts to open on the computer. Running two real time agents can be a source of conflicts, causing the computer to run slowly as well as exhibit strange behaviors. You should choose only one real-time agent to use and uninstall/not install any others.

Most competing security products provide protection through a 'suite' of applications, which basically means that there are numerous running processes to provide protection for the web browser, email client, phishing attacks, viruses, etc. Each item on the computer that is protected uses a process specific to that item. PC Matic provides a comprehensive malware scan and removal process as well as providing SuperShield, which prevents suspicious items from executing on the computer in the first place. It does not matter if the item comes as an email attachment, a link embedded in a web page, a drive-by download, etc, SuperShield will prevent the malware from being able to execute on the computer without the user's specific permission.

So, bottom line - remove Norton Internet Security and ZoneAlarm Firewall, and Super Shield alone should suffice?

Thanks

That is correct.

You do not need any additional antivirus software as long as you have SuperShield installed and running on the computer.

PC Matic provides the scan, detect, and remove functions for malware, and SuperShield provides the real-time anti-malware protection.

There are more details about SuperShield here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfDkxanbpxQ