Change Mode

Updating Definitions

Guns

Super Shild has been yellow and says it is updating definitions for the last 7 hours. Wonder what is going on with that, tried running PC Matic as usual it downloads the definitions then just sits ther for hours trying to apply them.

Try opening PC Matic as Administrator and go to Options/Add On's and uninstall Super Shield... Now install it again. All good?? (worked for me.....)

:geezer:

Had to disable mailware in PC Matic in order to stop the problem sure don't like doing that. Fought with this all day long it slowed my computer down big time and folding on this rig was all but nothing at all. Sure hope this is fixed soon would like to get my PC back up to speed.

We are working on the issue. Thank you for your patience.

Will do this is only the 2nd time I have had trouble with the software, not to bad for as long as I have used it.

PC Matic should not be trying to update the definitions at all if the malware scan is off. Go ahead and reboot the computer and try it again and let us know what happens.

PC Matic should not be trying to update the definitions at all if the malware scan is off. Go ahead and reboot the computer and try it again and let us know what happens.

I now have a green shield please advise when the software is working properly so I can turn malware scan back on.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a similiar problem in that my shield was yellow/red all day, "updating definitions". I restarted my computer, which worked a few weeks ago when this happened, still yellow. I read the posts below and uninstalled then reinstalled my super shield and the shield was green. My computer seemed to be moving faster. I have restarted my comuter and the shield is again yellow/red, "updating definitions" again. Any ideas what to do now? Thanks for your time.

Well, my shield has gone back to green and everything seems to be moving quickly again. So, ignore my above request for help and I'll let you know if there are further problems. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

I too had problems last week with "updating definitions" that just kept going. I still have windows xp, hence the purchase of pcmatic and the supershield. While it was "updating definitions" I could barely get on the internet, everything was so slow. I did uninstall and reinstall pcmatic, and while the shield is green again and I can access the internet, some things are still just slow and while I can access my Facebook account, none of my games on Facebook will finish loading - they all go to 99% and then just sit there doing nothing. Please help, I'm jonesing for my Facebook games!

Update: it seems as if the graphics are affected - graphics on some websites seem slow to load. I was able to load a game online at Mahee Games and play it, so I went back to Facebook to load a game (Cafeland) and....nothing. Please, please help! Everything was working just fine, no problems at all with pcmatic and the supershield until last week with the "updating definitions".

• 3 weeks later...

IS there a place to actually schedule a time for the update of definitions. I am not on my computer all day, out in the shop working, get to the desk to check emails and order materials. Seems like every time I get here and start looking on the internet the green shield goes red and yellow and slows down the system.

:wp:

No, I'm sorry but there is not currently a way to schedule when SuperShield updates its definitions. That function is on the list of features to be added to the program but it may be several months before it is implemented.

Archived