Change Mode

8.1 Spring Update

freedom01

I came across this article concerning the 8.1 update. Note that I'm not a user of W8 but thought it may be informative

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2140803/windows-8-1-update-is-required-for-future-windows-8-1-patches.html

Windows 8.1 Update is required for future Windows 8.1 patches
A post on Microsoft's Premier Field Engineering blog reveals that Windows 8.1 users won't receive security patches or other future updates unless they install the new update available today, as first reported by ZDNet's Mary Jo Foley.

Here are direct links to the Windows 8.1 spring updates for 32-bit systems (in the order they should be installed):

Here are direct links to the Windows 8.1 spring updates for 64-bit systems (in the order they should be installed):

I've got them burned to disks as I'm sure they'll come in handy.

:) Y

Should I have all these installed? I ran my (Automatic) Update History and none of these are on my list. I'm not even sure if they should be in my list. My updates are done daily automatically,b ut when I checked my history it says the last update was done11-25-2013. This is basically what appears .... KB2267602, KB2886439, KB2895219, KB2901549, KB2919355

Freedom....

Did you 'Upgrade' to Windows 8.1?

This was not an update via windows update; but rather an upgrade that is being disrtibuted via the Windows Store only so if you have't upgraded (don't confuse with updated) to 8.1 the later updates you will not recieve.

Have a look in settings > PC info if you are unsure what version you have - I suspect you are still on Windows 8.

I bought this PC which already had W8 installed. I did upgrade it to 8.1 a while back, when it was first released. System Windows Edition says Windows 8.1. Tried posting a Screen Shot, but it said Image extension not allowed. Not sure why, but lately when I try and save (create) a JPEG file it turns into like a video file even though I specify JPEG.

Edited by freedom01

There was a time when I was able to post an Image here, but not having any success right now.

If you go into 'More reply options' you should now see a button to add/upload an attachment.

When I check for updates my system says they will be done automatically. Here are what I am seeing. 11-25-2013 ... Intel Corp Driver Update (Graphics) every time this updated attempted it comes FAILED.

Definition update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 Definition 1.163.487.0 Successfully (11-24-2013)

To attach a file:

At the bottom right of the reply window you should have 2 buttons 'Post/More reply Options'; click on 'More Reply Options'

post-35967-0-58925700-1397717014_thumb.jpg

Click on Choose FIle:

post-35967-0-95103700-1397717070_thumb.jpg

Click on attach file. Then make sure you cursor is where you want the file attached and click on 'Add To post'

post-35967-0-97161000-1397717141_thumb.jpg

Can you take a screenshot of the 'View Update History Window' and attach it? Make sure you click on the column header 'Date Installed' to ensure latest updates are at the top.

( I wouldn't worry to much about the Intel driver update, that can be fixed another way if necessary)

Can you take a screenshot of the 'View Update History Window' and attach it? Make sure you click on the column header 'Date Installed' to ensure latest updates are at the top.

( I wouldn't worry to much about the Intel driver update, that can be fixed another way if necessary)

I did make a screenshot of History and I did click "More Reply Options" in the bottom right hand corner, but I do not have an option for choosing a file.

I did make a screenshot of History and I did click "More Reply Options" in the bottom right hand corner, but I do not have an option for choosing a file.

Ok I'll PM an admin and get it switched on for you. It was meant to have been switched on across all the forums. Guess these got missed!

freedom01, when you hit More Reply Options you should get a page like this:

post-3307-0-57348700-1397762340_thumb.jpg

Click the "Choose Files" button and select your screenshot from where you have it saved, then click Open. Now click the "Add to Post" over to the right and it will add you screenshot right in.

:geezer: