Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Junkaroo

Virus

OK how do I get rid of this ? Comes up every time I run PC

1 Viruses/Malware found
Name Category Level Count Whitelist Conduit (fs) Toolbar Level 4 1 This is a moderate risk and should be removed...
Name Category Level Count Whitelist Conduit (fs) Toolbar Level 4 1 This is a moderate risk and should be removed...

Look carefully at the threats found below. Most computers do not have any mid or high level threats. If PC Matic has found one or more, please take this problem seriously. Mid and high level threats are by definition malicious software that is compromising the security and performance of your PC. Our advice is always the same - REMOVE IMMEDIATELY.

Try running PC Matic from Safe Mode with Networking. The reason for running in Safe Mode is that the items PC Matic wants to remove will not be active and able to resist removal.

Open PC Matic and click on the Options gear, then under the Scan Settings, make sure that the malware scan type is set to "Full" and that Fix Malware is set to "On".

To access Safe Mode with Networking repeatedly tap the F5 or F8 key while the computer is booting up. Once the menu opens, select Safe Mode with Networking, and if prompted, administrator. The screen will look different because the video driver is not loaded. That will return to normal after a reboot. To run PC Matic, you may need to go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>PC Matic if the desktop icons are not present.

If the computer connects to the Internet using a wireless connection, it may be necessary to connect the computer using an Ethernet cable in order to have Internet access from Safe Mode with Networking.

If running from Safe Mode with Networking does not resolve the issue you will need to open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get more information about the issue. You can open a ticket from here:

http://www.pcpitstop...ore/service.asp

please FIRST i AM IN SAFE MODE i HAVE A SCREEN THAT SAYS windows HELP AND SUPPORT at TOP IT TELLS ME i HAVE LOST MY CONNECTION TO THE WINDOWS HELP AND SUPPORT WEBSITE...than IT JUST TELLS ME ABOUT SAFE MODE. does NOT ASK ME ABOUT admin...also SO YOU KNOW IF IT ASK FOR ADMIN PASSWORD i DON'T KNOW IT AS i BOUGHT THIS FROM ANOTHER PERSON 2 YEARS AGO. SO BEFORE i GO INTO TICKETS IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE i CAN DO ? also CAN THIS COMPUTER BE TURNED OVER TO YOU ?

sorry ABOUT CAPS

You need to use Safe Mode with Networking, not regular Safe Mode. Regular Safe Mode does not provide Internet access.

OK Had to wipe hard drive and reset up.The computer was full of malware and virus HP Christines.

Please re tell me PCMatic with shield is all I need to protect my computers (3) Also run as you said windows firewall

I deleted AVG for your program so I am a bit on edge here.

My main computer Pete's if you look up every morning after PCMatic has run I have to wait than I get cant find server I tell try again than after about 1 min it will connect this is also finding this form. Now I am running Firefox to give you information my 3rd computer is ok but slow at times really don't get it.

This the last scan on the computer that cant find servers..Oh it seems once I get into a server it will be OK rest of day until I have a scan..Hope you can get my confidence up

Your PC Matic Results are below likepcmatic.jpg Computer Name: PETEURSU-PC Model: Acer Aspire X1700 Desktop Fix Started: Wed Apr 9 22:24:07 CDT 2014 Fix Ended: Wed Apr 9 22:57:46 CDT 2014 Reboot for all changes to take effect PERFORMANCE check-trans.png1 MBs of junk in 15 files were removed. check-trans.pngInternet settings were up to date. (no action taken) check-trans.png2 performance tweaks applied. C Drive check-trans.png Total fragmentation on drive C went from 0.63% to 0.1%. check-trans.png Data fragmentation on drive C went from 2.32% to 0.38%. check-trans.pngNo highly fragmented files found (no action taken) check-trans.pngNo craplets identified (no action taken) check-trans.pngNo unoptimized services identified (no action taken) SECURITY check-trans.pngNo security threats identified (no action taken) check-trans.pngNo outdated vulnerable applications identified (no action taken) STABILITY check-trans.pngDrivers were up to date (no action taken) check-trans.pngNo registry issues detected (no action taken)

I want to thank you for your speedy answer.. I had to junk the HP ! as witch I cannot get it off your schedule to scan and I get a cant scan mail every morning. How do I get it off ? And I want to run PCmatic when I want so How do I stop your auto scans Thank You

You can delete the scheduled scan by opening the scheduler and clicking in the red X for that computer. To access the PC Matic scheduler, from the My PC's screen, click on the link under or by 'Next Test' to the right of the computer name that you want to delete.

To remove the computer entirely from your PC Matic license, to the left of the computer name on the first screen of PC Matic is an option to remove any computer that has not been optimized within the last 60 days. Computers that have been on the license more than 90 days can be removed without having to wait 60 days from the last scan and clean. Just click on the red circle.