Unable to Clean PC - Please Help

wkandravi

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... this is a little weird. Entries that "reappeared" on your DDS log now no longer show on your FRST log. Both of these tools should show appropriate files for both users... but it appears that DDS was ran by the Melanie user and FRST was ran by the Wayne user. Perhaps that is why the outputs are different.

I'd like you to run FRST again, but this time from the Melanie account.

Also, I'd like to check some files that have "unusual" names.

Please scan the following files

• On the page you'll find a "Browse" button.
  • Click on the Browse button.
  • In the Choose File to Upload window which opens, copy and paste this into the File Name box.

C:\Windows\system32\ozoi.xda

• Next, click the Open button.
  • Then click the "Send File" button just below.
  • This will scan the file. Please be patient.
  • If you get a message saying File has already been analyzed: click Reanalyze file now.
  • Once scanned, copy and paste the link to the results page in your next reply.

Check these files the same way also:

C:\Windows\system32\sflwj.dey

C:\Windows\system32\uhkq.mtu

C:\Windows\system32\boxn.xod

Well... those "bad" entries are still gone - which should be good, but weird. Also, apparently your ATI video driver is working today also. It appears that Windows update still fails.

Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the quote box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it and select copy. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it as fixlist.txt

start
C:\Windows\system32\ozoi.xda
C:\Windows\system32\sflwj.dey
C:\Windows\system32\uhkq.mtu
C:\Windows\system32\boxn.xod
end.

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Then let's try a Microsoft Fix-it for your updates. Go here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-7
Click on the Fix-It button and follow instructions.

Let me know how it went.

The best advice I can come up with in regards to the picture files is to try to open them in other than Windows Photo Viewer. This will tell you if they are really corrupt or if it is the Windows program that is the problem.

A relatively small and simple program to try is irfanview. I suggest you try installing it (or some other graphics program) and see if you can open the files.

Infranview couldn't open the files either. I found out that all the pics are backed up on Facebook, so I'm just going to forget about fixing this. I fixed AOL by removing and installing the latest version and Windows update is fully functioning again. Thank you very much for all your help.

Let's do a little housekeeping before you return to your regularly scheduled life.

• Click START then RUN
  • Now type ComboFix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK.
  • Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
  • Combofix_uninstall_image.jpg

The above procedure will:

• Implement some cleanup procedures.
  • Reset System Restore.

We need to remove the tools we've used during cleaning your machine

• Download Delfix from here
  • Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
    Also tick:
    • Create registry backup
    • Purge system restore
    delfix.jpg
  • Click Run

The program will run for a few moments and then notepad will open with a log. I don't need to see it so you don't need to post it.

Please re-enable any security that was disabled.

The following is my standard advice for the future. Use what you can and pat yourself on the back for what you're already doing.

Please take time to read Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing. Very important information for your consideration is contained therein.

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein

Also: "How to prevent malware"
by miekiemoes

Please respond back that you understand the above and let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, this thread will be closed Resolved.