Sign in to follow this  
Guns

caintry boy

Just got of the phone with Roger they took the vent tube out around 10:30 am his throat is kind of sore from it, but we did have a short visit on the phone. He was life flighted from Fort Scott to Olatha Medical Center and stil in ICU. This nurse got him with a shot while we were talking, he was not expecting it the reaction was a little funny even from over the phone.

Well I haven't "checked out" yet... It was touch and go for awhile but my friend JESUS was with me. All my fault, I made Chinese Wed. nivht and used some boxed fried rice and soup mix only to discover it was high in Sodium. Gained 3 lb. of fluid overnight.

Just glad to be able to post on here.

:geezer:

Just glad to be able to post on here.

Amen to that!

I'm serious Roger. If you are going to keep doing this... you need to start reserving two beds because some of our hearts are not as good as they used to be either.

Roger, now is not the time to be playing science class in the kitchen!

Stick to the specifics (bland as hell) foods that your nutritionist told you to eat.

I know that you had a nutritionist talk to you, right? Gave you a pamphlet, or pocket folder with "do's and don'ts"?

Gotta walk a cautious line for a bit, champ. :tup:

:) Y

edit......... thanks Guns!

BE MORE CAREFULL!!! :IG:

glad to hear your ok this time and survived AGAIN, but seriously caintry, stupidity isn't a good reason to die, so follow your doctors orders to the letter and strictly keep to your dietary needs, making sure you avoid everything they've told you to.

if you don't know what's in something don't eat it, really simple. :P

take care and hope to hear your well and out of hospital again soon. ;)

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966

Hey Bro it's not like the old days, before I moved to Oklahoma. We used to have supper at my house every Thursday for years due to you guys finding out I was not eating. You and your wife would come over and fix some of the best food in the world. We would sit and eat with the kids and have a great time. Sure do miss doing that, you and yours are on my mind every day of my life and always will be. Now take care of yourself and do what the Pit friends say so you stay in that equation.

Watch the diet...avoid sodium at all cost. Nearly impossible to do, but imperative with chf

any food that comes in a box will be high in sodium. any food that comes in a can will be high in sodium. even breads and cereals are high in sodium.

fresh fruits and veggies are not.

I can see why, c_b - just gotta love those all-American corn-fed blue-eyed strawberry blondes.

Now keep yer caintry butt out of hospital, y'hear?

Well, this is "revolting"...just came back from an appt with my heart doctor, where my blood sugar CRASHED right in the middle of his office! He was asking me questions and I was giving non-nonsensical answers, then I went "down". Wife suggested that she thought it was my *sugar* and they responded quickly with a banana and some chocolate covered raisins, honey too. Home now and blood sugar is fine, but how embarrassing, Grandson Kenny says I was a "complete idiot" and couldn't even walk much less get up out of a chair like I was asked.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Don't know what the name of DR that helps with diabetes but, and I'm sure you have one by now but still, you think in the long run you'll be fitted for something thats automated and give you insulin through out the day?

Scary as it is, I think that's about the best place it could have happened CB.

I second Ms Juliet, you think you'll end up with an insulin pump at some point?

To some people, an insulin pump is a godsend. My wife wore one for 7 years (I guess not just one. I think we were on our third "new and improved version"). It's a very handy device. She went back to giving herself shots a couple years ago. I felt she was doing it because of the money(my co-pay on the supplies was $150 every 90 days) and was adamantly against it but... she does a better job regulating things by hand. After dealing with this for 35 years, she is pretty good at "feeling" when things are trending high or low and then verifies her feelings with a finger :filtered: 7 to 10 times a day. I can assure you that that has not always been the case and we had some very strange conversations when we first met 30 years ago. I have spent hours dribbling honey water into her mouth with a turkey baster when I came home to find her unconscious. Things were totally screwed up during her pregnancies and babbling incoherently seemed like it was normal at times. :pullhair:

But back to the pumps, for a while, she was even on an experimental device that actually monitored blood glucose levels and then wirelessly communicated with the pump which would then "beep" to warn the wearer. The goal was to "train" the system with the ultimate achievement being having the pump adjust output based on the information from the monitor, without needing the wearer to bolus. For her, it was a disaster. After a few months we went back to regular finger :filtered:. I've heard that with children, they have gotten it working pretty well. I have no clue how it would work on a crotchety old coot.

Oops. Apparently the system doesn't like the word I used for jabbing your finger with a needle in order to get a drop of blood for testing. Maybe I should have said "stick"?

Edited by Tomk_

Tx, not likely to get an insulin pump, at least I don't think so. I think Guns was right this morning when he told me I probably need to cut back on the amount of insulin that I'm shooting 3 times a day due primarily to the fact that my lifestyle is changing and so is my diet. Eating less calories and carbohydrates, fats and such...therefore I need less insulin. ;)

Tomk_, sounds like you've been "scared to death" like my wife was yesterday when I went "South". I can safely say that I'd be scared "xxxx"less coming home and finding my loved one unconscious on the floor with low blood sugar... ;)