Thanks Guns

Hope all went well caintry, be sure to tell us about your adventure and I hope your nurse was as nice as the last one.

:) Y

Well David, all the nurses were nice and a couple were pretty, one was smokin' hot too. I wound up there because I awoke at 2:15am Monday morning and couldn't get my breath and had a terrible cough to boot. Ambulance was called and took me to the local hospital about 25 mi. away. They gave me some IV lasix to get fluid off my lungs. Blood tests showed that one of my heart enzymes was out of whack so they shipped me to Olathe Medical where my cardiologist is so that he could monitor me. On Tues we did a cardiac stress test and echocardiogram which revealed nothing unusual so they kept me yesterday and gave me more IV lasix to get more fluid off and sent me home today. Proud to be sitting on my couch again relaxing and taking it easy. I have no idea where the fluid on my lungs came from but I have my suspicions...I won't go into details. All I know is that I need to be more careful of my diet, and I thought I was being careful. Such is life and we learn something new everyday. I've got an appointment with my cardiologist next week and instructions to "behave".

More later!

:geezer:

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You gonna listen and "behave" now?

Hells bells man, we been telling you to behave for years and that wild side of you just keeps running amuck! lol!

Of course, with the exception of Jacee and Juliet, not a one of us could compare to your cute nurses telling you to behave.

Hey, glad you're home and feeling better, champ!

Seeing as how I'm sitting in the ER where I've been for the last 5 hours (with my wife), I feel I'm qualified to categorically state that none of the nurses are nice enough or cute enough to make the trip enjoyable.

10 hours of every test they could think of. They finally did a spinal tap and have now determined its meningitis. Now they just need to figure out if it is viral or bacterial.

lets hope it's viral then, that seems to be the one to get if your unlucky enough to get meningitis at all.

best wishes to you and your wife tomk.

and caintry if you don't start taking better care i'll send guns back down to you so he can box your ears. :IG:

:b33r:

Thoughts and prayers for your wife Tomk_...I had spinal meningitis when I was in first grade, the kind that kills (bacterial?). Glad I survived...please give your missus our best. ;)

CB is in the hospital getting emergency surgery to try and save his leg, he woke up with his leg cold and no feeling in it at all.

They put an artificial artery in his leg and he is in recovery at this time. After recovery it looks like he will be in room # 324.

Olathe Medical Center
20333 W. 151st St.
Olathe, KS 66061
913-791-4200

You got any original parts left?

Holy smokes caintry, I hope this does it for you, it's just not right going in and out of the body shop like that.

Heed their advice and take it slow and easy for awhile.

good golly!

Is the leg showing signs of better circulation now?

Yes, I have good circulation now.

You got any original parts left?

Holy smokes caintry, I hope this does it for you, it's just not right going in and out of the body shop like that.

Heed their advice and take it slow and easy for awhile.

Yeah Dave, I still have "Cecil"! Dr. said if when he got in there, if he could find a useable vein that he was going to replace the synthetic artery that I've had since 2004. Apparently he found one 'cause I have a wound on the side of the calf on my left leg. I've been out this morning and walked a little using a walker and did well. Yessir, it seems I was "snake bit", just getting over the CHF and having this a day later... I went to the local food pantry yesterday and got food only to go home and have pain in my leg and it becoming "mottled purple". At the same time I had a lot of phlegm from my seasonal allergies so I just called an ambulance in case my breathing got worse. Dr did an emergency surgery to save the leg and I'm pretty happy now. Time to go walk some more, I'll be back.

Glad to hear things are better c_b.

My situation is better also. I was able to bring my wife home today. They finished the prescriptive IV antibiotics, and she is lucid again, so there was no point in staying.

Thanks for the prayers.

Glad to hear things are better c_b.

My situation is better also. I was able to bring my wife home today. They finished the prescriptive IV antibiotics, and she is lucid again, so there was no point in staying.

Thanks for the prayers.

Good to hear that she's home! Still praying for you both.

Yes, I had a "good" night nurse....:bad:

Home again, home again, jiggetty jig... glad to be sitting on my own couch again and feeling pretty well. They did a "revision" on my leg which consists of replacing the synthetic artery that I had with another "newer/more modern version". This one is slightly longer I believe because I now have an incision below my left knee to match the one at the top of my left groin. I've been walking 3-4 times/day on it and although it's mighty sore, I get along alright. It'll get better with time...as "Y" has been telling me since last year...s l o o o w and e a s y. ;)

Got several dr. appts. coming up so I'll let y'all know more as I find it out. ;)

Love my PIT FAMILY!! Y'all are the best!