Sign in to follow this  
Guns

caintry boy

Just spoke with the Cardiac Rehab gal from here and we made a few more rounds of the halls.

:geezer:

.......... and just how pretty is this "Cardiac Rehab gal" that you're strolling the halls at all hours of the morning with, hmmmmm?

:laughing:

:) Y

.......... and just how pretty is this "Cardiac Rehab gal" that you're strolling the halls at all hours of the morning with, hmmmmm?

:laughing:

Redhead, finer than "frog hair", good thing I love my wife or I'd still be up there chasing that one around the halls... :lol:

SHEESH... I can't go away for an itty bitty vacation and leave y'all alone ... and see what happens??? Makes my "got head cold/cough from the airplane on the way home" story a mute point for sure!!!

CB... I am so glad you are doing so well and everything is going well, and that you had so many great people here keeping their eye on ya!!!! Keep up the good work, cause y'all got a lot of great work to carry on :)

PS ... you're too cute to be ornery, lol

Well here I am...flat on my back again! Turns out that when I had the heart cath that I acquired a "pseudo aneurism"...or a small pocket of blood within the artery wall. Had that repaired today and should be home tomorrow.

How'd you detect that? Were you getting any chest pains?

Dang caintry, ain't you getting tired of that place yet? lol! :lol:

Gee. Maybe you could just meet some of the nurses for coffee. There has got to be a better way to see them than the process you have been using.

How'd you detect that? Were you getting any chest pains?

Dang caintry, ain't you getting tired of that place yet? lol! :lol:

Went to see Dr. last week and he thought he could feel blood under the skin of my groin and ordered an ultrasound last Mon....yeah really tired of it.

Gee. Maybe you could just meet some of the nurses for coffee. There has got to be a better way to see them than the process you have been using.

Coffee would be great. ;)

TGIF!! And TGIAH!! (thank GOD I am home) ;)

Here's a good definition of a pseudoaneurysm > http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cardiac-catheterization/expert-answers/pseudoaneurysm/faq-20058420

Pic+ > http://www.mountsinai.org/patient-care/service-areas/heart/procedures-and-services/aortic-aneurysm-repair/about-aortic-aneurysms/pseudoaneurysm

Life is good! I seem to be doing really well, with NO pain whatsoever and I'm just really happy to be home. ;) My apologies for the short notes, BUT, it''s really hard to do anything while lying flat on your back and not being able to move your leg or lift your head. :yup: After the heart cath a couple weeks ago, I had to lay without moving my right leg or lifting my head for 6-7 hrs....this trip was about the same and it wasn't nearly as invasive. They did ultrasound so that the Dr. could "see" it and all the while he was giving me a lidocaine local and then taking a looong needle and injecting this "balloon" with a clotting agent. The aneurysm didn't want to cooperate very well, but we were successful, it finally clotted off and all is well, then came the lying flat and still for hours on end. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately for me, I had not planned on staying the night as no one warned me that it might be a possibility, but I guess I "should have known". Had some great nurses again and almost lost my temper with one and walked out, but thought better of it and stayed. Of course they came at 7am this morning to do another ultrasound so that they could verify that the aneurysm was clotted off and all was fine, then I sat in "limbo" until 2:30pm before they could give me the good news. Patience is NOT a virtue of mine...:rolleyes: but we overcame.

Yes "Y" I'm getting really tired of hospitals and Dr.s and even nurses, and I pray that this will be my last venture there for some time...but if necessary, I'll not hesitate to go back.

@ Tomk_, I'd much rather meet some of those nurses for coffee or dinner, but they are all excellent nurses, very caring and thorough at their jobs. A young lady down in the Radiology dept. yesterday was pointing out to the Dr. on the ultrasound screen just where the aneurysm "necked" down (of course he could see it anyway) but I was very impressed with her knowledge of the situation and exactly what needed to be done.

Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers, my family and I greatly appreciate it!

Just wanted to say that I saw the Cardiologist a couple weeks ago and got a "clean" bill of health. New problem tho'....I'm pretty sure that I have another blood clot in my left leg. I'm having some tingling and numbness in the leg and that's not a good indication. Tomorrow morning will tell...

"I'll be baack"!

Here I am, BUT, I have a definite blockage in the artery of my left leg...orders to stop all "rat poison" tonite and stay off till Monday, get my INR (blood thickness) checked on Monday and call Dr. with results to discuss procedure or surgery... ;(

Oh, and supposed to sit on my backside and try NOT to walk at all.....

That sucks... but I suggest you try to comply with Dr's orders. I realize that doesn't come automatic with you... but we'd rather you tell us about how the surgery went than hear you've had a heart attack or stroke.

That sucks... but I suggest you try to comply with Dr's orders. I realize that doesn't come automatic with you... but we'd rather you tell us about how the surgery went than hear you've had a heart attack or stroke.

:yup:

Get yourself in shape so we can spend a night on the bank fishing when we come up.

LRB Guns.

Edited by Guns

Get yourself in shape so we can spend a night on the bank fishing when we come up.

LRB Guns.

Yeah buddy!!!!!

I totally agree with this ...

You might need a little battery powered chair with special front 'turn-caster' wheels friends.gif

Slow and easy there, cowboy.

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow with the Doc.

CB will be going home tomorrow from the hospital, he sounded good on the phone just now.

Thanks Guns

Hope all went well caintry, be sure to tell us about your adventure and I hope your nurse was as nice as the last one.