Firefox 26 help?

KurtBleach

OK, I'm sure all of you know me by now up in here, but a little info:

Running openSUSE 12.2 - FF25 with AdBlock Plus and BetterPrivacy addons.

Here's the deal. Did a regular zypper today and FF was included, so it became 26. No probs with the update, checked all my settings, everything seemed cool.

Here's the problem. When I closed 25, BetterPrivacy would come up to ask if I wanted to delete the LSO cookies, and when I restarted Firefox, all previous cookies would be gone.

Now, no BP dialog box, and when I restart FF all cookies remain along with cookie preferences.

Anyone else have this problem, and if so, have you found the tweak?

I downgraded back to FF 25 for now.

Thanks in advance, Pit amigos.

when you started ff26 and it checked your add ons for compatibility did it say betterprivacy was ok or was disabled and to check for newer version?i'd stick with ff26 and delete betterprivacy then add it again and see what happens, don't use betterprivacy myself, but just checked and latest version is 1.68, running firefox 26.:b33r:

Well, that was bloody odd. I decided to try the Fox up again tonight, but this time before I opened FF, I did a reboot. Now 26 is self-cleaning properly at closing, and BP is working as well.

I thought it was Windows where you have to restart the PC after every install or upgrade. Whatever, all is good now.

:b33r:

Edited by KurtBleach

Well, scratch that. Worked fine last night, tonight again nothing is being cleaned. But I found a fix. No, I didn't rack my brains with mad Googling and searching boards for fixes. Now there's a sticky note on the corner of my monitor saying "clear history and LSOs before closing FF". That's some old school DIY, I must say. I'll leave it up until it becomes second nature. :)

clear history when it closes is just a setting in firefox,

edit,preferences,privacy, now make sure firefox will use custom settings and put a tick in the box that says clear history when firefox closes.

no idea how your clearing the lso's or where they're saved but i'd think there must be a similar setting in the betterprivacy adddon somewhere to clear them automatically when firefox closes.

:b33r:

found a link that shows where you set the clear lso on close option :- http://www.technorms.com/18701/betterprivacy-firefox-protects-flash-cookies

Edited by terry1966