Sign in to follow this  
Tx Redneck

Hypocrisy from Microsoft, NEVAR!

M$ realized they could get into the adware game when they came out with Windows 8, if everybody else is doing it....why not M$ too?

Even our govt is selling us out, renew your CDL license and get calls from other trucking business within the next several days

Everyone is doing it these days.

Our DVLA (Drivers Licensing Agency) sells details on to third parties; Wanna vote? Put your name on the electoral register and you automatically opt in to the 'Open Register'; which means local councils can sell your details to 3rd parties (you can opt out though).

I think the issue here is the fact that MS have called Google out on this before.

Me either.

I know for a fact that Mich has done it but can't easily find a link but it looks like some states do and some do not. Ohio is another one that will sell you out

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2010/07/ohio_collects_millions_selling.html

It varies state by state because there is no federal place to renew your drivers license

I don't give them a phone number when I renew my CDL so I guess I don't know if they are selling my name or not because they wouldn't know how to call me.

What kind of calls do you get from the trucking agencies? Job offers?

At the time I renewed I got a job offer from a trucking agency to deliver bread to a grocery chain Not sure how they got my number. I don't recall giving it to the DMV

Edited by Joe C