Sign in to follow this  
badbinary

A long but very good read

http://pandodaily.com/2013/10/26/i-challenged-hackers-to-investigate-me-and-what-they-found-out-is-chilling/

I challenged hackers to investigate me and what they found out is chilling

It really is important for everyone to know that in this age digital security is mostly a facade. The only real things you can do is completely limit what you give to others, but that's practically impossible these days. There really needs to be some major reforms in how the systems work.

Tinfoil Hat on ....Check

Internet Cable Cut.....Check

Storecards, Credit cards cut....check

My info still available because local government in the UK sell electoral register lists for money............

I read the article. To be honest it was far easier in years past to steal someones identity then it is today. It required simply going through the trash at the curb to get the required information, or as one of the methods used in the article making a few phone calls.

I was actually surprised at the length they had to go to and all the crazy stuff they tried and the two months that it took for them, especially considering that it is what this company specializes in and it was such a focused attack.

In the end it still took the old fashioned way of having physical access to the peoples property, making phone calls and just being con artists. Not even really good ones the way they went about it.

Today we are actually a little safer as far as identity theft, and just simple theft goes, not a lot but a little.