Packman repo

KurtBleach

Anyone else having trouble with it lately? I went to do a normal zypper routine, but it stalled on packman. Guess I should have saved the exact error message, but basically the connection timed out. So, I tried YaST, and it was the same thing. Went a-googling, even checked LQ.org - nada on the info tip. Deleted packman from my repos through YaST, and then used the proper protocol for adding new repos. Same old crap, not able to get packman back. Is it dead? Is it just down for a bit for maintenance?

:b33r:

probably just down for one reason or another but will be back up when they fix the problem/do the maintenance.

this is the one i use :- http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_12.3/

and it's up and working for me.

but like bruce said you can use any of the mirrors if you're experiencing problems with the one your using at any time.

:b33r:

that's a short list bruce from what i remember and i don't see any usa mirrors on it either.

scratches head. :mrgreen:

Edited by terry1966

Pit Penguins Rock!

Thanks again, brothers.

I went into YaST and pasted the URL of Bruce's link (except of course I changed 12.3 to 12.2 because I still run 12.2), and scarfed that repo right up. Then I did zypper and got some new updates.

Hail the Pit!