Sign in to follow this  
badbinary

Nexus 5 - $299

http://bgr.com/2013/10/08/nexus-5-price-299-report/

According to a single unnamed source speaking with PhoneArena, Google’s upcoming Nexus 5 will start at just $299 without any subsidies.

I don't know if the source is credible or not, but if that phone comes out at that price, they won't be able to make them fast enough. It's definitely on my xmas list.

The specs are on par with phones that are 600+ dollars. http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/07/nexus-5-specs/

Fo Sho! Especially if it's the 32Gig variant.

the article states 299 for 16gb, 399 for 32gb...but the 32 also has a larger capacity battery.

The report says $299 will get you a 16GB Nexus 5 that’s powered by a 2,300 mAh battery. Curiously, the blog suggests that the $399 version of the next pure Google phone won’t just double the storage to 32GB, but will also increase the battery size to 3,000 mAh.

edit: added quote

Edited by badbinary

It's a silly way of spelling sexy. Say it with a southern drawl...

Mine(32Gig model) should deliver Tues at the latest. :D

Mine(32Gig model) should deliver Tues at the latest. :D

i'm jealous...if i had the 400 bucks for it, i'd get it for sure, but with xmas just a few weeks away it's really not in the cards. i am considering taking up t-mobile's 50 dollar galaxy s4 offer (20 bucks per month for two years) as i'm already a t-mobile customer and i can afford to swing that.

i did a comparison of the nexus 5 and the galaxy s4 and it's very close. the difference is really just a better processor in the nexus 5.

http://www.itproportal.com/2013/11/04/google-nexus-5-vs-samsung-galaxy-s4-spec-comparison/

Ermagerd! This is the fastest, most liquid smooth ux I've ever seen on Android and or a phone. Is it perfect, no, but dadgum it sure is sweet.

well, 5 months later and i finally have mine ordered. should arrive monday, i can't wait.

well, two days in and the verdict is: this phone is absolutely amazing.

i was seriously blown away by the display when i started up netflix on it. i was concerned about the camera, but those concerns have been abated. the camera is excellent and with the OIS puts it far ahead of other phone cameras i've used.

my old phone is no slouch, either, but the nexus makes it look like a toy (htc one s).