Change Mode

are email addresses case sensitive?

thanks for the answers, the reason i ask is that i have a elderly neighbor who asked me to scan and send some forms to his son, he had 3 versions of his sons email address, all the same except different capital letters in two, i have tried every combo of the address but his son still says he hasnt got them.

i think the problem is his son , even tho he was told the forms would be sent from me , is stuck on looking for his dads address in his inbox.

Make sure there are not any special characters in the email address.For example, instead of [email protected] you might [email protected] or [email protected] which are both valid addresses.Another possibility is the first and last names are reversed:[email protected], [email protected] or [email protected] are many variations possible.=========================================================================================Here is a hint for keeping a virus from sending out spams to people in your Address Book.Put an invalid character in each address in the Address Book. Just make sure that wheneveryou pull an address from the Address Book such as when you are creating an email you editthe address in the "To", "CC" or "BCC" to correct it or your email will not be sent.For example, in the Address book you have: [email protected]@@whatever.comCreate an Email:To: [email protected]@@whatever.comNeeds to be changed to:To: [email protected]=========================================================================================Email addresshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_address#RFC_specification

I have several addresses using varied capitals (I like to type names etc.. properly), and no matter whether you use upper or lower case it will come through to that person, and even if you send with capitals included, the web instantly changes them to lower case, I have yet to see one with a capital letter come through to me as a capital letter, it's always lower case in my experience, but I have never come across one that wont like nigsy has seen.

But as MisterEd says, if it contaIns ANY characters, if they are not exact then it will not go through, and they should be bounced back to the sender as undeliverable, so if what has been sent so far, is showing in the sent folder, and have not been bounced back, then the other party needs to check their spam folder, even if they don't see it on the PC (assuming they use this as opposed to webmail), they should still log into their webmail directly, as it may have filtered it so it never reaches the PC, also adding the senders address to their address book "should" stop it from being seen as spam by any settings on the email, but if they check this out at the other end, they should find what you have sent just fine.

Edited by 8210GUY

When I pull an address from my Address Book with illegal characters it goes into the To box ok. However when I try to send the message my email program refuses to do so. I have to remove the illegal characters before I can send it. Viruses are pretty dumb. If they blindly try to use my bad email addresses they will have no luck sending anything.