Sign in to follow this  
kburra

VHS Capture to PC

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with VHS video capture...Am using Power Director 11 and wish to transfer VHS (Pal) to power director,I have a capture device,which connects to the back of the VHS player.....left and right audio out.and also video out,which in turn has a USB connection which I plug in to the PC tower.Ok up to now, when use power director to capture the video which is playing,the picture playing is perfect in Power Director but NO SOUND....I have tried every setting I can think of to get the sound but so far no luck would appreciate any help if others have faced this problem am at my wits end...cheers.Incidentally have tried other Video capture software and same result NO SOUND,also have downloaded latest K-Lite codec pack (no difference)...when connect VCR to TV, both sound and video play perfectly so I know the signals are coming out, just not to the video capture on the PC...Windows 7.

Are you using onboard or a sound card?

I think you need to change the sound card setting to USB Codec (or somethng like that).

Thank guys for reply`s
,All sorted now after hours of messing about finally downloaded Realtek audio manager,which showed what was and what was not enabled (Audio) so after messing about with settings finally can now record from VHS both picture and sound...see pic below.

Your advice pointed me in the right direction...Cheers

Posted Image