Trouble with a redirecting virus

bhk

Hello! I've run into a problem with a pop-up that redirected me to a site named immediatelya.com and prompted me to install a possible virus. I consider myself a novice so when I searched for answers before, I faced trouble following vague instructions such as deleting registry keys without indicating which ones to delete. I suspect that I obtained this hijacking virus from using P2P sites too often and have yet to run any full scans as of yet (due to time). I plan on running a few full scans with Microsoft Security Essentials and MBAM tomorrow as both quick scans found nothing. As far as I know, a pop-up appeared, I attempted to exit the pop-up and it redirected me to the site listed before. I did not proceed to download anything and simply began looking for probable solutions and ended up here! I'm not sure what to classify this as but simply a "virus" since I have yet to identify it. Any future assistance is greatly appreciated!

PS I need very clear instructions as I am not technical other than basic maintenance of my system so don't hesitate to spell things out word by word!

Well for starters go ahead and run a full scan with Malwarebytes > Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Run it like this: Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop. Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.

Now Download DDS and save it to your desktop.

Download DDS and save it to your desktop. Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)Vista/Win7 right click on the DDS icon and select "Run as Administrator" to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run). XP just double click the icon to run the tool.When done, DDS.txt will open.After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.Save both reports to your desktop.Please post the contents of the DDS.txt and Attach.txt logs in a new thread that you start here > http://forums.pcpits...-been-hijacked/

Just copy/paste all logs beginning with the Malwarebytes log first.

:geezer:

Archived