Sign in to follow this  
badbinary

Those of you using Microsoft cloud-based services beware

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/11/snowden_leak_shows_microsoft_added_outlookencryption_backdoor_for_feds/

Be sure to read past the headline. SkyDrive is impacted, as well.

Microsoft's cloud storage service SkyDrive is also easy to access, thanks to Redmond's work with the NSA. The agency reported on April 8, 2013 that Microsoft has built PRISM access into Skydrive in such a way as to remove the need for NSA analysts to get special authorization for searches in Microsoft's cloud.

bb, we are all being spied upon. Don't single out Redmond, I'm sure the NSA has moles in the Mozilla and Linux communities too.

Hey, NSA tools, I browse with Firefox and run openSUSE, but I don't doubt for a second that it makes me immune from your unconstitutional surveillance.

We have known about this for a long time....back then it was called carnivore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivore_%28software%29

Carnivore, later renamed DCS1000, was a system implemented by the Federal Bureau of Investigation that was designed to monitor email and electronic communications. It used a customizable packet sniffer that can monitor all of a target user's Internet traffic. Carnivore was implemented in October 1997

Don't single out Redmond, I'm sure the NSA has moles in the Mozilla and Linux communities too.

You truly do not understand what "open source" software is if you believe that any such thing would make it past the thousands and thousands of eyes that pour over the code of open source applications.

I know what it is, but I put nothing past the reach of government intrusion. Money has a way of talking. The thousands of eyes will surely seal the breach, but the damage may have been done. Didn't Ubuntu get hacked, or so I've read on here...

I know what it is, but I put nothing past the reach of government intrusion. Money has a way of talking. The thousands of eyes will surely seal the breach, but the damage may have been done. Didn't Ubuntu get hacked, or so I've read on here...

No Ubuntu didn't get hacked, their forum did. Just like thousands of other forums have been exploited over the years, this very forum included.