Sign in to follow this  
isiswisdom

Browsers crashing, Firefox and Chrome not enough memory? Now cannot op

Ok with in the last week I have been having some serious issues with my computer. Both of my browsers crash consistently chrome and firefox can't even use adobe flash to watch movies anymore says not enough memory. The computer just blanks out and blue screen comes up and says physical memory dump. I removed a bunch of stuff of my computer and nothing works. I do the pcpitstop optimize scan and pay for the program to fix it now my AVG antivirus interface does not work won't even open up. I can't take it anymore. Can somebody please assist it would be greatly appreciated. I have operating system windows XP professional. Version 2002 service pack 3. Intel ® 4 CPU 2.80 GHZ, 2.79 GHZ, 0.99 GB of ram.

Edited by isiswisdom

Let's start here...in XP go to Control Panel > System > Performance and click "Settings":. I set mine to "Adjust for best performance"...NOTE: this will turn off all the "eye candy" in XP like the colors in Taskbar etc... On the Advanced Tab under Virtual Memory highlight the "C" drive and click "Let Windows Manage"...do the same for any other drives listed. Here are some other guidelines if you think you need to change anything... http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysdm_advancd_perform_change_vmpagefile.mspx?mfr=true

Now then, just to be sure download > Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop. Run the program like this:

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. < VERY importantWhen completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.

Let us know how you get on...

:geezer:

Ok this is just ridiculous do you know I can't copy and paste this log??? It took me this long to even give a response back because the only browser that can be used at this point is internet explorer and when I downloaded the antimalware it was giving me issues to even do that. GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.06.27.11

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFSInternet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702User :: USER-A9A67FB829 [administrator]

6/27/2013 11:57:37 PMmbam-log-2013-06-27 (23-57-37).txt

Scan type: Quick scanScan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUMScan options disabled: P2PObjects scanned: 251723Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 29 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Detected: 0(No malicious items detected)

Registry Values Detected: 0(No malicious items detected)

Registry Data Items Detected: 0(No malicious items detected)

Folders Detected: 1C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataIBUpdaterService (PUP.InstallBrain) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Detected: 2C:Documents and SettingsUserMy DocumentsDownloadsMusicConverterSetup.exe (PUP.Adware.InstallCore) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataIBUpdaterServicerepository.xml (PUP.InstallBrain) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

O.K......now you need to do this:

Download DDS and save it to your desktop. Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)Vista/Win7 right click on the DDS icon and select "Run as Administrator" to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run). XP just double click the icon to run the tool.When done, DDS.txt will open.After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.Save both reports to your desktop.Please post the contents of the DDS.txt and Attach.txt logs in a new thread that you start here > http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/forum/25-have-i-been-hijacked/

edit: you will be told to zip the attach log and post but there is no need, just copy/paste it like you will the DDS log...

Please wait for help there from one of our Trusted Malware Techs, they work other forums also and are quite busy, BUT they'll get you straightened out.

:geezer:

Well, your Google Chrome data files are corrupt. Delete all app data files so that Chrome will re-create them again the next time you open it.

1. Press Windows Key + R, or click Start | All Programs | Accessories | Run.

2. Type AppData in the textbox.

3. Click OK or press ENTER.

4. Open following folder:

C:Users{Enter User Name Here}AppDataLocalGoogleChromeUser DataDefault

5. Delete all files in the Default folder.

Edited by Jacee
Not a good link

Well, many of the guys who commented above missed an important point. :hammer:

Guess what?

It's related to Sandbox feature. Sandbox is a vital feature in Chrome is already activated. Inter-version conflicts cause Google Chrome crashes. Disable it to get rid of your issue.

1. Right click Google Chrome, select Properties.

2. Click Shortcut tab --> Target.

3. Add following-

" --no-sandbo" (without quotes)

4. Apply and save the settings.

For more diagnostic solutions, visit:

http://chromecrashes.com/