I can't find an answer to this most basic question, either here or in the manual, and experimentation doesn't seem to help. So: what the hell is white listing? If I check a service or start-up app to whitelist, does that mean PC Matic will NOT mess with it when I do future scans? I do understand how to manipulate the white list, but want to make sure I'm right on what it's for.

Thanks for any help.

Yes, that is correct. White listing an item excludes it from being changed by PC Matic for all future cleans ups. White listing an item does not remove it from being detected by a scan, it just removes it from being corrected by a clean up.

• 5 months later...

:wp:

You need to be in Advanced mode to add items to the SuperShield white list. Accessing the white list from the tray icon will show you what is on the white list and let you remove items, but you cannot add items from there.

You can right-click on the green shield icon in the lower right corner of the Windows desktop screen by the time display to access the Block Notification Method and change SuperShield to Advanced Mode. Then you can open the program in question again, and when the SuperShield blocking screen appears, add the programs to your "White List" list by clicking on the red Always Allow button, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs, or add them to the "Black List" list by clicking on the green Always Block button to avoid seeing the warning screen for that specific executable.

• 4 weeks later...

I have encountered the same problem. Advanced mode is on and I clicked "always allow" at least 20 times but no whitelist is being generated.

Every time I start Supershield the same programs are questioned and it is really, really annoying.

What can I do to make this work.

Thanks

I have encountered the same problem. Advanced mode is on and I clicked "always allow" at least 20 times but no whitelist is being generated.

Every time I start Supershield the same programs are questioned and it is really, really annoying.

What can I do to make this work.

Thanks

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get some more information. You can open a ticket from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

• 2 weeks later...