Proxy server refusing connection

OK, how do we fix this? Internet working fine for the computer I am on but the new one with Firefox and win 7 has been working fine but today when I boot it on it gives me The proxy server is refusing connection. Where are the proxy settings? All settings match the computer I am working on. All I can come up with is that some program that I have downloaded has done something to the internet access.

In Internet Explorer go to Tools/Internet Options/Connections tab and click the box that says "Lan Settings"...be sure that *Automatically Detect Settings* is checked. In Firefox go to Options/Advanced/Network and under Connection click Settings and be certain that "No Proxy" is checked. Does that help?

:geezer:

I got it going but I am not sure what I did to get it going. The proxy was checked when I got it going but I did change it as a proxy isn't needed. I attempted to delete everything in cache and all that. Even though power management is not in use I did find a check by allow Windows to turn off network adapter to save power and I unchecked that,not sure as I say what I did but I did reboot after playing with it and operation normal. I also went in to device manager and everything was normal there as well.

Edited by 1966