Computer won't connect to internet

I have a ASUS CM5675 series desktop computer running Windows 7 with a wired internet connection. For some reason, every time I use the internet, it will only connect for about five minutes, then it won't connect for about ten to twenty minutes, however, it works fine when I start the computer in safe mode. Also, when I open the network and sharing center it shows the computer to be connected to the network. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Edited by ThatDude

So your computer connects to internet when it is in safe mode with networking. It shows some software or active process on your computer while in normal mode prevent you from accessing internet. Have you installed Firewall?If yes check any programs try to access Internet without your knowledge ? Do a full system scan to avoid any infection.

Edited by sijugk

It does connect in safe mode with networking, but is does not show anything preventing me from connecting in normal mode. the computer shows me connected at all times, even when it isn't and doesn't show anything that might be preventing it. Also, I have preformed many scans, with a few different Anti-virus programs (specifically Malwarebytes and Windows security essentials). I do have Firewall installed, I have checked what programs have access to the internet, but I'll check again.

Try going into Device Manager and locate the Network Controller, note the make and model and after going into Safe Mode w/Networking download the drivers from the manufacturer, then go back to Device Manager/Network Controller, right click and uninstall. Reboot and let Windows reinstall. Then install the drivers you downloaded...

:geezer: