Sign in to follow this  
Hrozz

PC matic Freezes during scanning

hi just installed the PC Matic and works fine on my PC Home computer but when I ran the program on my windows 7 Laptop it froze during the scanning high level threats

at 4263 Cwindows/System32NisLexicons00019.dll I uninstalled the program as it was frozen for quite a while and had to do a hard reboot to get the laptop going again. Went to the PC Pitstop site and just ran only the Exterminate program and it went a bit further to 4282 Cwindows/System32NisLexicons00019.dll with the same results freezing at this section and having to reboot again . Any suggestions?

:wp:

I suspect that the NisLexicons00019.dll file may be corrupted. That file is part of an original Windows installation, so running the Windows System File Checker or CHKDSK may fix the problem.

To run CHKDSK go to Start and open Computer then right-click the Local Drive C: and select Properties>Tools>Error Checking>Check Now> put a checkmark in both boxes, click Start, then reboot.

To run the system file checker:

1.Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

2.At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

running chkdsk now and it has already found in stage 4 of 5 and replace bad clusters replaced Windowswinsxsx86--Microsoft-windows-naturallanguage6-31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_9db612a5d8c0f6a9elnsLexicons0019.dll

and also windowswinsxsbackupw0B1A6~1.dll

once the chkdsk is completed I'll run the scan for PC matic so far ...so good Thanks and I'll keep you apprised as it gets done

Edited by Hrozz

into stage 5 at 81% but it seems to be frozen should I reboot ? what will happen to all what was done so far? Would I have to start over? this was a lengthily process or should I just go to sytem file checker?

I'd let it run awhile yet, sometimes they just stall. I'll tell you this tho'...if it's finding bad sectors then the hard drive is likely not far from being "toast".

Try running Seatools > http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

Download the .iso file and burn it to CD then boot to it. Run the Quick Test. If it passes the drive is likely alright, if it's not plan on buying a new hard drive quick.

:geezer:

well I ran the chkdsk the next day and let it run its course. tried to run pc Matic but it go to the security section and crashed or stopped unexpectedly. Tried uninstalling PC Matic and reinstalling but crashes at the same spot. Laptop works fine but cannot run the PC Matic program all the way through without out it stopping at the malware section.

Please run the Active X control removal tool from the link below:

http://files.pcpitstop.com/support/Remove-All.cmd

If you are using Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8, first save the file above to your desktop, then right-click on the file and select, "Run as administrator".

Once the removal tool completes, run PC Matic again and verify that it downloads a new Active X control.

Let us know if the issue is not resolved.

followed all your instructions and they all worked out to a T. If I hadn't stopped the chkdsk the first time I think I still would have the issues you were able to help in fixing. I didn't realize that the chkdsk at one point would be so slow but it eventually came thru. Your active X fix worked like a charm. I ran the scan twice and at the second scanning it shows the Laptop in the top 24% standing for PC's. Thank you very much for your help you were bang on!

Glad to hear that you got it working. :tup:

Thanks for letting us know.