Sign in to follow this  
Tx Redneck

EFF:Who has your back 2013

ATT has always been and continues to be one of the worst offenders. It was almost a decade ago when it was revealed that they not only handed over such data requests but did so in violation of law in many instances.

so, who has an iphone with verizon? :lol:

I think the important question would be more along the lines of who in their right mind would want one :rofl3:

The question is how many iPhones are there in the world and how many iPhone have been sold worldwide. The company sold 20.34 million iPhones as of July 19, 2011. The company sold 73,734,000 iPhones since 2007. So there are approximately 73 million iPhones in the world.

http://howmanyarethere.net/how-many-iphones-are-there-in-the-world/

500 million Android devices activated

500 million devices activated globally, and over 1.3 million added every single day,

Google won't be able to compete with the attention lavished on Apple but it did announce the notable milestone late tonight of half a billion device activations.

73 million...................500 million.....................

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57510994-94/google-500-million-android-devices-activated/

Isn't perception funny? Ask the average person and they would tell you Ijunk sells more devices, but when you look at the reality and the numbers the real difference is huge.

That article is almost a year old now. If you add in the 1.3 million a day since then it is close to a billion devices ;)

Or for the simplicity of it, in a 2 1/2 week period more android devices are sold then Apple has sold in a year. ;)

was going to say your figures were outdated bruce, but you did that. :mrgreen:

last i read 900 million android devices of which 750 million were android phones, and notice the iphone numbers are out dated too, so from 2011 they must be upto 74 million by now.. :laughing:

here's a good unbiased link with current numbers in my opinion. :- http://techland.time.com/2013/04/16/ios-vs-android/

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966

I'm not sure where the perception query comes in - I thought the question was 'who in their right mind would want one?' My link showed that a lot of people have them - I never implied they were the industry leader. I guess that was your perception.

I don't even have a smart phone - just an old Nokia flip phone. I know... I'm a little behind the times. I've been looking at them and will probably decide this June or July and make the switch. I'm not considering an IPhone. I know they're popular (my wife and both her adult daughters have one). It just seems to me that you get more bang for your money with a Samsung or an HTC.

i guess your "perception" is that those people who actually bought one were in their "right mind" at the time too. :laughing:

:P

no smart phone here either, in fact haven't had a mobile phone at all for years. :mrgreen:

:b33r: