Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

Rant for the day

Don't you just love trying to download a file from the internet now a day. Find the file you want, click the download button, see the file downloading but the file you downloaded wasn't the one you thought it was. Go to uninstall...yada yada..look for the file again..go to different download site...same thing..GEEZZZ..give me a break! All I want is the file I'm trying to download! I don't want extra browsers. buttons, or tool bars or to be re-directed to another site ...and no...I don't need the downloader to speed up my download! Oh...before I go...I did get the file I was looking for after about 20 minutes....Geezzz

Don't you just love trying to download a file from the internet now a day. Find the file you want, click the download button, see the file downloading but the file you downloaded wasn't the one you thought it was. Go to uninstall...yada yada..look for the file again..go to different download site...same thing..GEEZZZ..give me a break! All I want is the file I'm trying to download! I don't want extra browsers. buttons, or tool bars or to be re-directed to another site ...and no...I don't need the downloader to speed up my download! Oh...before I go...I did get the file I was looking for after about 20 minutes....Geezzz

Yeah, how frustrating is that?!?!? I had it happen to me recently and I really gave that website a "piece of my mind"...:lol:

:geezer:

:note1::note2: You can get (most) anything you want :note2::note1: at http://www.ninite.com without the crapware and clicky clicky....

:)

An "Alice's Restaurant" reference. Nice!

It's been a long time since I've run Windows, but on behalf of those still entangled in Redmond's web, no spy- or other malware comes with that app?

ninite is a great site. Not only can you install multiple applications at once, but it automatically answers no to addons that some software ask to install such as toolbars, search engines, browsers............. It installs only the software you want, nothing more.