Change Mode

new isp connection

yeah...they didn't tell me that when i signed up. i can't wait for google fiber to start their service here in austin as it'll whip all the other isp's into shape.

btw, here it's 30 then 107, nothing in between. at 30 it's 250gb, below that it's 150. i called and ripped them a new one for not telling me this when we signed up and i have an email that i send them every day complaining about it...lol

from 4/20 to last night at midnight i've used 74gb...i almost can't wait to call them when they charge me 10 bucks for going over. seriously, what's the point of having the cap if you're offering speeds like that? if it's to limit things like netflix, just come out and say it. i also found it interesting that they modified the tivo's so that netflix couldn't be put on them.

yeah, i'm starting to dislike suddenlink...but hey, super fast internet.

Super Fast Internet with severely limiting caps is like owning a koenigsegg super car without access to a place to drive it to it's potential. Great things to have and we all would like to have them, until we get the fines for driving to fast, or for actually using that internet connection. ;)

Edited by Bruce

yeah, pretty much. they say that 99% of the people don't ever use more than those caps and this will only affect 1% of users, yet somehow that 1% is severely affecting the rest of the users...bullfeces. then they say "well, you can get commercial service but we only off that at 50 mb down"...WTH, fu, i don't need commercial service, i need you to provide me the service i pay for.

i'm proactively telling everyone to avoid suddenlink as long as they have this ridiculous policy.

Been in an on going, heated debate about this for quite some time now. There are actually people that believe in these caps and that the caps are actually in place to help relieve stress off the network >.<

Also, you wouldn't afford the 50 meg commercial connection, the 15-30 meg in most markets is over 300 per month.

yeah, i know. here's another silly thing: when i was arguing with them over the phone, a "supervisor" stated that caps are there in case you're running a server...lol...that would affect upstream (which there is no cap on) not downstream, you moron.

The caps are supposed to be an aggregate of both. We have had some users use backup services to the cloud and reach the cap.

If you start having issues with that connection, lemme know and we'll get you on another forum where I know a regional tech.