Change Mode

3D Televisions

Y kawika

I've got a friend that's looking to buy a 3D TV and asked me if I had any recommendations.

Uh, nope, but I know who I can ask............

So what do you guys think? Have the improvements in the technology brought these things into the "worth purchasing" category in your opinions?

He's thinking somewhere around the 40 inch +/- size-wise.

Sure would appreciate any insights or experiences that you may have, as I just don't, outside of messing around with nVidias stereoscopic 3D on my computer.

Thanks for any input and assistance.

:) Y

Personally. I can't watch 3D - We have a Samsung 50" all singing all dancing set with subscription to Sky3D.

After about 5minutes I get headaches and I feel dizzy.

MY 11 year old son says Madagascar is 'ace', and he loves it.

I can live without it.

A friend of mine has one. I have watched a few 3D movies on it. It has that initial "cool factor". However not all is perfect in the 3D world just yet. I would personally wait a while yet.

Thanks for that Bruce. That's kinda my way of looking at it for now too.

Even playing Skyrim with the 3D on was fun for awhile and definitely cool, but, at least for me, distracted me from being able to play the game as well as I usually do.

Watching the arrows go sailing past my head was fun, but got me killed a few more times than I would have liked. :lol:

Thanks for that Bruce. That's kinda my way of looking at it for now too.

Even playing Skyrim with the 3D on was fun for awhile and definitely cool, but, at least for me, distracted me from being able to play the game as well as I usually do.

Watching the arrows go sailing past my head was fun, but got me killed a few more times than I would have liked. :lol:

Well duck and dodge dude, duck and dodge :lol:

Well, my friend ended up getting the LG 42LM6200

He said that he agrees with us that the 3D is more of a novelty, but that his grandkids just love it.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that the grandkids had alot more to do with his decision than I did. lol! :lol:

He's happy and said that the regular 2D picture is super clear and clean, so it's a win win.

Thanks to all who took the time to advise and especially caintry for the link.