Sign in to follow this  
luvpats

still cannot get built-in download manager to work IE10

I still cannot get the built-in download manager to work in IE10. Does it have something to do with Active X controls or a registry setting?

It works fine with IE9. But when I click on "view downloads" in the Tools section of IE10 nothing happens. Also when I try and download anything nothing happens. But with IE9 everything is good.

So why does the Microsoft download manager work with IE9 but with IE10 I cannot even access the view downloads section and cannot even download anything?

Is there a registry setting that is the problem? Or is there an active X issue?

Also I did reformat. For the seventh time. It did not fix the problem.

Thank you in advance for any solutions.

ensure ie is closed. press windows key+r, then type “iexplore -extoff” (no quotes)

this loads ie in safe mode. once it's open, try downloading again and note what occurs.

I reverted back to IE9. Everything works perfectly.

Is there a difference between IE9 and IE10?

With IE10 the download manager did not work. I could not download anything except I could utilizing an external manager.

It would not work in Safe Mode either.

Shockwave Player failed to load and initialize.

Lots of Active X errors (especially with Active X controls not loading). I could not fix the problem.

And it was a lot slower than IE9. Sometimes pages would not load or would not fully load.

With IE9 everything loads perfectly. No Active X errors and the Flash and Shockwave Players work perfectly.

Is there that big of a difference between IE9 and IE10?

I don't understand why one version works perfectly and the higher version is slower and lots of errors.

not sure why you're having so many issues. ie10 works just fine on my system, although i never use it because chrome is such a superior browser.