Malwarebytes Problem

humpd

This has just started happening. When attempting to use Malwarebytes (free), when I try to scan in the full scan mode, the program crashes and it takes a long time to get out of it. I have had to reboot the computer to get this done. When I opt for the full scan, a window comes up asking what drives I want to scan and when I click on "C" the program crashes. The only drive I scan is "C" so even when I try to just click on the scan button without trying to set the drives to scan, the program still crashes. The quick scan feature works fine. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled a new version to no avail. Is this a problem with the program or is there something else that may be causing this to occur?

Don't know.

Let's have you get some logs and see if we can tell what is going on.

Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.

---------------------------------------------------
  • Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
  • Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and the click UPLOAD.

I was able to find via a Google search how to fix this. I downloaded a removal tool from Malwarebytes forum website and followed the instructions from the site to uninstall malwarebytes. I had to turn off my AV for a short time. After running the removal tool, I had to restart my computer and then download and install a new Malwarebytes program. All seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the willingness to help.