I was using my laptop last night and it randomly had a blue screen error and then shut down. After that I've tried to boot my laptop but it wouldn't load, it kept asking to either launch startup recovery or start windows normally. When I choose to start normally it stays on a black screen. When I choose to Launch Startup Recovery it brings up the "Windows is loading files..." Screen but stop after the loading bar fills twice and then restarts. I then tried pressing F8 at the BIOS screen and chose to boot in safe mode and then tried booting with Last Known Good Configuration, Both having the same result as the normal boot. After all of that had failed I tried loading different other hard drives, USB drives and CDs that I use for booting different systems, here were my results.*Note: Before this problem occurred all Drives below worked with no issues on the laptop. (Drive 1 is my Default Drive)Drive 1: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit 320GB - Issues explained aboveDrive 2: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit 320GB - Error 0xc000428, Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.Drive 3: Windows 8 Professional 32-Bit 120GB - Error 0xc000428, Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.USB 1: Windows 7 Home Premium Installation Disk - Error 0xc000428, Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.USB 2: Linux Lucid Puppy: Startup screen shows then randomly restarts when system attempts to boot.CD 1: Windows Vista Home Premium Installation Disk - Error 0xc000428, Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.CD 2: Linux Ubuntu Studio 11.10: Startup screen shows then randomly restarts when system attempts to boot.*I also tried all of these drives in an older Toshiba Laptop normally running Windows Vista Home Premium and all Drives worked correctly.I'm not sure why my Laptop refuses to boot anything. Here's the info on my Laptop.-Dell Inspiron 1520-BIOS Version A03-Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.00 GHz-4GB RAM-Windows 7 Ultimate 320GB HDD-NVidia 8600 GraphicsPlease help me fix this issue, most issues I can usually fix on my own but this one has me very confused. I've already tried Microsoft's forums but the answer they gave had nothing to do with what I explained above.

Hi David, :wp:

Based on this information, especially having the issues with Live DVD/CDs and USB drives, my first suggestion would be to pull out a stick of the Ram and see if there is any relief. If not, then pull the other and reinstall the first (I'm assuming that you've got 2 stix of Ram in the lappy).

If it's just 1, 4 GB stick, then hopefully you can borrow a compatible stick from a friend and try that.

:) Y

I've tried it with no change. I also have a post about this on Microsoft forums and they suggested I download and run a specific memory test. Its running right now and I'm waiting to see the results

Very good, please keep us updated.

Also, are you able to get into the BIOS? If so, is there any change if you reset to default values?

I tried running the memory test 3 times. The screen froze up each time in a different point of the test. I'm starting to think it could be in the RAM Cards causing the problem.

I can't change most of the BIOS Settings because there is a admin password that was placed by the previous owner of the laptop and I have no idea what it is.

I switched out one of my RAM Cards twice with 2 different cards showing the same memory issues. This specific Laptop has the RAM Slots in 2 different places: 1 in the bottom of the laptop, and 1 directly under the Keyboard. At the moment I can't get to the Card under the Keyboard (lack of small enough screwdiver). After trying many RAM Cards I'm pretty sure the problem is in the RAM Card I can't get to. I'm going to try to get a small enough screwdriver so I can replace it.

But other than the memory is there any other possible cause to this problem I should look into.

Possibly a motherboard issue, with a blown capacitor, but even then, they'll usually boot, but don't stay booted, Kinda depends on where the capacitor is located.

It sounds to me like you are on the right track with the Ram, Dave.

Did the lappy get a spike of electricity before this happened?

Plugged directly into an outlet when the power spiked or flurried?

Like I posted earlier, with the live disks, (which load into Ram) not working, that's pointing to the Ram. You can boot into those things and don't even need a hard drive installed.

Careful with the keyboard and it's ribbon holder, those do break easily. ;)

No It didn't I was just listening to music on VLC media player and working on some files with RPG Maker VX ACE.

After I removed the bottom RAM Card from the laptop there was a slight change when trying to Boot my normal Drive. At first it was only getting to the screen where you choose to Launch Startup Repair or Start Normally. This time the 0xc000428 Error showed up (First time showing up on this drive), then every boot after that just stayed on a blank screen with nothing loading (HDD still loads fine in the Toshiba). So then I tried something, I placed my other RAM Card back into the Laptop and It went back to doing what it did from the start. But sometimes there's a memory error and it says decreasing available memory. yet after I restart the laptop a few time it then says Memory has been changed and it goes back to normal. But when I try Booting my Drive after the memory error I get and Error screen with code 0xc000017, info saying "Ramdisk device creation failed due to insufficient memory". But after the memory returns to normal the boot problem goes back to the way it was from the start.