Sign in to follow this  
freedom01

Yahoo Search Engine Will NOT Go Away!

MY wife has Yahoo as her default engine and I cannot get rid of it. She wants it to be Google. I went to control panel and uninstall allsigns of Yahoo and it still pops up when she clicks on IE to do a search. I went to Tools under options/default and removed Yahoo from the list and selected Google and rebooted. I then came back clicked on IE and Yahoo shows up. Slightly frustrating! I would really appreciate any suggestions that may help and remove this leach. She has Vista OS. Thank you so much.

In Internet Options from the Control Panel, on the General Tab, click on the Settings button under the Search (Change Search Defaults) area in the middle of the window.

Here you can disable and/or remove Search providers, toolbars, accelerators, etc.

See if this brings some relief.

:) Y

You need to change our home page in IE.

Go to your control panel | select Internet Options | On the General Tab, change your home page to: http://google.com/

Your done

Thank you so much Y Kawika I did change the default and it still appeared. Thank you Joe I was searching for a way to change the Home Page, but with no success. I will follow your steps and see how we do. Thanks so much my friends for your help. Have a great weekend.

Tom

his did not work for me, bought computer yesterday and when I go to change the internet options, the computer turns off.

Got new computer yesterday and when I try to go to internet options and change from yahoo to foxfire the computer turns off.

Hey @Zineand :wpcm:

If your new PC is physically shutting down when you try to change the browser or a setting, I'm of the mind that you might want to return it to the retailer you purchased it from. 

Tx 🤠

They want me to hire an attorney and go after Microsoft, because they sold it to the computer manufacturer.  This has already cost me ove $700.00

If you just purchased it in the last few days, you should be able to return it as you're able to repeat the issue that causes the failure.

If you're able to record what you're doing and post a video here, I'd be curious to see what exactly is happening.

Tx 🤠

I have never done this before, I will try to learn how to do it.    It will be a good idea, let me work on it.