Change Mode

Fellow AMD BD/PD owners, OC Guide inside

http://www.overclock.net/t/1140459/bulldozer-overclocking-guide-performance-scaling-charts-max-ocs-ln2-results-coming

After reading this, I'm inclined to think v droop is why I was having trouble getting 4.5ghz stable while folding. It's more stressful than IBT/OCCT...

I'll adjust accordingly for droop and try for 4.5/8 tomorrow. :D

That's some what similar for anything on the AM2+ and newer boards. And while I can say that most of those bench numbers look on for scaling, the real world performance felt WAY different at the same clock when using a faster base clock vs just pumping the multi. If you think you're having a drop issue, what are you actually dropping to?

From what I am understanding v droop is effecting both platforms. I also see it with my cpu. I have to use LLC to try and help stabilize the oc.

Topic:

CPU Vcore voltage drops as CPU load goes upProblem:Both Asus and third-party utilities such as PcProbII/AISuite/CPUZ shows that my CPU Vcore reading drops as the CPU load goes up.This also happens after I set CPU Vcore to a set value instead of the preset [AUTO]. Why does the motherboard act like this?Will this effect the overall stability of my system?Answer:As Intel specification clearly states Vcc (CPU Vcore) should drop in propotonal to the increase of Icc (CPU current consumption), in order to prevent causing permanent damage to your CPU. When CPU is under stress (in other words, under higher load), the current consumption of the CPU will go up, and the CPU Vcore will then drop to conpensate this change. This is a perfectly normal behaviour, and will not effect the overall stability of your system.For more information, please refer to Intel CPU datashee, under "DC Voltage and Current Specification".

Well no, dropping vcore wouldn't effect system stability, at standard speeds. It's designed entirely around that idea.

But I thought we always took this into consideration before it was a big topic. Even back in the athlon M days of o/cing you would want to monitor the rails and vcore to watch for drops.

Just maintain cooling with the increased vcore!

Yeah, I'm at 4.5 and stable. That's over a base clock of 3.1 I could prolly get 4.8 if I wanted, but I gotta see how this does in the heat of the summer first. Our old house doesn't stay real cool in the summer as is, I imagine the heat from this won't help that any.