Sign in to follow this  
BlksnshN

This is why I don't do windows updates....

Figured it was about time to do the windows updates, I tend to avoid them because they always seem to cause me problems.

Trying to install SP1 and during restart I get this error.

Fatal error C0000022 applying update operation 3816 of 102643 (setupu...)"

Tried running startup repair with no luck.

Edited by BlksnshN

Finally got it to boot, not really sure how, lol. Did a system restore to before the SP1 install. Everything seems to be running okay now except that I can't update to the latest nvidia drivers for my GPU.

I always download and keep a copy of all the standalone SP installers. Once they are installed (or baked into custom discs I make) I then let windows update all 90 something it comes up with now. Have yet to have a problem with windows not allowing an update.

Have you done a driver cleaner to get rid of whatever nvidia software you have then try the new install again?

Have you done a driver cleaner to get rid of whatever nvidia software you have then try the new install again?

No, I haven't. Not even sure how to do it.

Not connected to what's going on throughout topic, I can answer post #8

Don't delete, Update.

To answer probably no, But the screen will look bad, The resolution will be terrible.

Nvidia has pretty decent update/ installer tools.

LOL duanester, the thing is he can't update his drivers to the latest. Having him clean them out then reinstall.

No your monitor will not stop working. You'll be on default drivers and resolutions. More or less basic graphics until you finish the cleaning and then install the new drivers

I can vouch for the Driver Sweeper from Guru3D, I usse it exclusively now that Driver Cleaner is a "paid" version...

I prefer to run it from Safe Mode tho', just go into Device Manager and uninstall the video card by right clicking and selecting "Uninstall", then reboot to Safe Mode, disconnect from internet and run Driver Sweeper. Reconnect to the net, reboot and install new drivers...

:geezer:

I can vouch for the Driver Sweeper from Guru3D, I usse it exclusively now that Driver Cleaner is a "paid" version...

I prefer to run it from Safe Mode tho', just go into Device Manager and uninstall the video card by right clicking and selecting "Uninstall", then reboot to Safe Mode, disconnect from internet and run Driver Sweeper. Reconnect to the net, reboot and install new drivers...

Well, just tried to do the Driver sweeper from safe mode and then reload the new drivers. No go. Now I can not get the old drivers to install either and when I click on Nvidia control panel, I get this message you are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia gpu"

Well, it will run from Windows also so lets try this...

Open Driver Sweeper and select Nvidia Display, click Analyze then Clean. When asked if you want to reboot, DON'T! Double check that all boxes are checked for Nvidia Display drivers and hit Clean again...when finished reboot. Can you install the new drivers now?

I hit yes to the previous question and tried to install the drivers. Same result. I tried to post a screen cap of the resulting failure window but I'm not sure how to do so.

When you go to Device Manager and look at the listing for your Display Adapters, what does it say and do you have a Yellow exclamation point there !?

Is this a Windows 7 OS, and is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

:) Y

Well, I got it working again by doing a system restore but I still can't update the drivers.

When it wasn't working, it said something like "VGA controller device" in the device manager. Can't remember if there was an exclamation point or not. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.