Change Mode

Ideas for Attracting New Members to [email protected]

I'm in PM's with IntelGuy about the possibility of getting us on the PC Pitstop Facebook page and getting a new tab added to the forum Home page so it reads like this:

PC Pitstop > Members > Forums > Calendar > [email protected]

We need to brainstorm some ideas just for this purpose and I'm open to suggestion other than "word of mouth"...

Please post suggestions to this thread...also need suggestions as to how to KEEP team members once we get 'em.

Fold On!!

:geezer:

My nephew may be joining, I gave him the link for here. He is already folding (on his own thru his Xbox) so I'm hoping he will decide to join a team :)

You never know........... talk to people!!

You never know........... email your friends!!

My nephew may be joining, I gave him the link for here. He is already folding (on his own thru his Xbox) so I'm hoping he will decide to join a team :)

You never know........... talk to people!!

You never know........... email your friends!!

Dang sweetie! Give him our Team # and lets get him onboard...not sure if it's still the same but the old XBOX used to rack up quite a few points and lots of good science!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mr. B, I'm not sure what you're linking to there...all I see is a benchmarking program that makes no mention of science or PPD...am I just lost??

On the flip side of things I've been "promoting"/sharing our Team and [email protected] on my Facebook page and hitting up folks that have been posting up rigs in the PC Pitstop Pit Test Results forum...

• 5 weeks later...

I like using the CC race for recruiting help. It's a good lead in "You have a nice computer I see.. you know, I'm in a computer team race next week, for a medical research charity. Would you like to join us? We'd sure like to have you race with us".. <listen a bit, and give details>

Recruiting good folders is always tough though.

I like using the CC race for recruiting help. It's a good lead in "You have a nice computer I see.. you know, I'm in a computer team race next week, for a medical research charity. Would you like to join us? We'd sure like to have you race with us".. <listen a bit, and give details>

Recruiting good folders is always tough though.

Thanks for the input, we need all the ideas we can get... I caught Windsurf48 posting up his 2011 rig in our Test forum and shot him a link about Folding. I got lucky, he responded.

I'm glad I did. I've always wondered what to do with my old motherboards after upgrading because I don't know anyone to pass them on to and don't want to hassle with selling them online, and folding is a great way to get some use out of them. In addition, it gives me a way to make use of the current system after I've finished tweaking it and running benchmarks.

• 2 years later...

Can't make any promises as of now, but if everything goes according to plan, I should be starting a rather large project in the area with the help of some really good friends and co-workers who have also lost their jobs.

A commercial property has recently become available about 3/4 mile from where I'm currently living (Chicago area). There is a store front on the ground level and a few apartments upstairs on the 2nd level. There is even a small parking lot included with the property, which, is on a corner lot of a main street. The apartments are included and could be rented out. If done right, rent collected from tenants would total up to just about enough to cover lease/mortgage payments!

All of us have some knowledge with PCs and with all of us combined would make for a great opportunity to run a custom PC shop. Turns out the price is right and we can most likely gather up all the needed funding to get started in the next few weeks.

Biggest trouble we're having so far is naming the store :unsure:

I'm sure we'll figure it out!

Since we'd be doing lots of custom PCs, case mods and performance type stuff it would make sense to have kind of a kiosk for folding.

Might be able to get some customers to start folding :bigsmile:

I'll report back with updates as things progress!!

• 1 month later...

If there are people folding now, that are not connected to *any* team... can we approach them? If we know how to reach them, that is.

Also, could we put a "We need team members" with info inside on Tech-type forums?

Edited by dianamite

If there are people folding now, that are not connected to *any* team... can we approach them? If we know how to reach them, that is.

I couldn't see a problem with that, but how do we know "who" these people are? Everyone I know that Folds is Folding for a team... Others here may know something.....

Also, could we put a "We need team members" with info inside on Tech-type forums?

I try to update/re-post in a thread that is in General Discussions. Reminds me, it's time to draw some more attention to that thread...

On a side note, we've attracted some good Folders, BUT, they seemed to be of the opinion that it slowed their PC's down, however I never seem to have that problem...

Fold On!

• 4 years later...

Some other teams are doing something like this on face book feed . I think PitCrew @ PCPitstop should do same thing .

Want to help join the fight against COVID-19? You can contribute towards current research efforts while practicing social distancing with FoldingAtHome!
Join the PitCrew in [email protected] team #32035

4 hours ago, Guns said:

Some other teams are doing something like this on face book feed . I think PitCrew @ PCPitstop should do same thing .

Want to help join the fight against COVID-19? You can contribute towards current research efforts while practicing social distancing with FoldingAtHome!
Join the PitCrew in [email protected] team #32035

We do have at least one post up on FB and we also put out a "call to arms" within our application. When you open PC Matic, near the top right, you'll see where we asked customers to participate. ;) I believe we'll have another FB post up shortly as well.

Tx

Inked92b68c4d83df9f84_LI.jpg

Well for someone like me that's thick headed, like me the green banner says.

Join us in bringing the fight to COVID-19

Now for me and a lot of people like me something like this would catch my attention.

Click here to join the Pit Crew at PC Matic in bringing the fight to COVID-19 (TEAM # 32035)