Sign in to follow this  
girly

Profile does not exist

I wonder if anyone knows what this means please. I am trying to open an application PhotoImpact and I am now getting this message. This program is not supported now by Corel and no-one on their forum seems to know what it means.

Thanks

Is "Profile does not exist" the exact and complete error message? What's the program version, and which version of Windows do you run?

Edited by TomGL2

If it's old enough to be out of support, and you are running vista or windows 7/8, try running the program in XP compatibility mode

The program version is X3 and it's been working fine until recently. The message is The profile: does not exist. 0.0.962

I use Windows 7 and as I said it worked fine until yesterday.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the program?? Might be worth a try...

:geezer:

If I uninstall it I haven't got the exe file to reinstall. I've also tried restoring pc to another time before this error happened

Just as a means of trouble-shooting, try booting your computer up in Safe Mode (tap the F8 key at StartUp, then use your arrow keys to highlight SafeMode, then hit the Enter key to start).

Once in SafeMode, try to start PhotoImpact.

If it starts, pay close attention to what it tries to open and where it is located.

If the program does not open, please post any notifications that are given.

:) Y

I tried safe mode. The program tried to start and stuck at loading workspace profile. I then got message saying Profile error. The last working profile will be used to run PI properly.

It still did not start.

Start the computer in Safe mode and log on (use the Administrator account if it's available) Open Search and select the C: drive, then enter *.xum as the file name criteria and start the search. What matching files are found?

If Search finds current.xum, move that file to the Public (shared documents) folder, then restart the computer. Does PhotoImpact open?

Edited by TomGL2

I've moved the file current.xum to public doc folder. Tried to open Photo Impact, it sticks at opening workspace profile and then closes.

This is a long shot but....I use CorelDraw and Corel PhotoPaint. Don't know if this will work as it does in the programs I use but try this:

Hold the "F8" key down while starting PhotoImpact. If it works as it does in the Corel products I use...it will return the program to factory defaults as it starts. Give it a shot.