Change Mode

Starting two new projects

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've got windows installed and running on the SSD (very fast boot time) but I can't find my 2TB drive to start installing all my programs etc. I can see it in the BIOS, but not in windows. I've never set up multiple drives before, any help?

Edited by BlksnshN

In Windows 7 go to Control Panel > System and Security >Admin Tools > Computer Management and click on Disk Management in the left pane. If you find it there you can format it and make it active... ;)

:geezer:

I can see the drive there but there is no format option. It says the drive is unallocated.

*EDIT* Nevermind, figured it out. Had to do the new simple volume.

Another question though. Is it okay/possible to relocate my pictures, Videos, music, etc folders to my storage drive?

Also, I want to install steam, after effects and other programs on the second drive. What do I need to do to make this possible?

Edited by BlksnshN

I can see the drive there but there is no format option. It says the drive is unallocated.

*EDIT* Nevermind, figured it out. Had to do the new simple volume.

Another question though. Is it okay/possible to relocate my pictures, Videos, music, etc folders to my storage drive?

Also, I want to install steam, after effects and other programs on the second drive. What do I need to do to make this possible?

The Seagate? Sure as long as it's been formatted and it's active, just transfer the pics, video's, etc..

I don't use Steam but I see no problem loading the effects to the storage drive. I have Windows on my SSD's in RAID and my programs on a 500Gb Seagate...

Did you partition the Seagate drive when formatting??

If you are starting fresh, install the steam program on the second hard drive and most all of the files will install under that folder on the second drive. If you already have games installed on steam on the first drive, you can uninstall it all and move it, use the built in mover to move 'some' of the games they have enabled, or use a couple of the third party steam file movers to relocate the files to the second drive. Obviously the first option would be the most ideal.

I installed Steam on the Seagate and all is well. I simply re-downloaded the games that I had on my old drive, takes a long time but it works.

I did not partition the drive, I'm kind of wishing I would have. I imagine it's too late?

no it's not to late, you just need to shrink the partition on it leaving empty space at the end of the drive which you can then partition as you require, if you want more than 4 partitions, first create an extended partition out of all the empty space you've just created, this then will be where you add all the extra partitions.

:b33r:

Gotta confess Terry, I'm not running any Linux right now. The machine I wanted to use SuSE on is wireless and my adapter is not compatible. I'm searching to try and rectify the problem. I could use the Live CD tho'...you're right about that. ;)