Coupon printing; How to add sites to whitelist?

Hi...Since you all have helped me so much in the past, I am hoping you can point me in the right direction to resolve my coupon printing problem...I apologize if this isn't the correct forum, but I wasn't sure where to post...

Ever since the new year, I have been unable to print coupons from bricks.coupons.com or coupons.com I have never had a problem until now. The reason I decided to come here to try to figure it out, is because one of the suggestions made by Customer Support at Coupons.com talks about adding the coupon websites to my whitelist, but I can't figure out how to do it...

Whenever I try to print, coupons.com keeps saying that I need to install the software, but it is already installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and the Coupons software after using the Revo Uninstaller to completely clean stuff up before reinstalling them. I also did the same thing with Internet Explorer and downgraded to Internet Explorer 7 because I thought version 8 might be causing problems. My computer is a 2002 Dell Dimension DIM3000 Intel R Celeron R CPU 2.40GHz 2.39GHz 2.00GHz of Ram and I am running Windows XP...This computer and version of Windows is old and outdated, but they work good enough for me and it is pretty fast thanks to your PC Pitstop programs.

Below is a copy of the email that they sent me...

Dear Jennifer Depner,

Thanks for contacting Customer Support. Your coupon printer plugins may have been disabled on your browser. An install loop occurs when the coupon printer is not installing properly. Please follow these steps to enable your plugins and for your system to recognize the installed coupon printer

Windows 8 Metro Mode:

If you have recently upgraded to Windows 8, you will not be able to print coupons from our site across all browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox) while operating in Metro mode . Coupon printer uses an Active X control that has been disabled by Microsoft in Windows 8 Metro Mode. To print your coupons in Windows 8, you will need to visit our site from a browser opened in Windows 8 Classic mode. To switch to Classic Mode in Window 8, navigate back to your Desktop Tile and launch the browser of your choice as you normally would.

Internet Explorer:

1) Go to Tools -> Manage Add-ons

2) Under "Toolbars and Extensions", select "Show: All Add-ons"

3) The extension named "cpbrkpie Control" listed under the publisher "Coupons, Inc." should be enabled.

It may be that your ActiveX control for the Coupon Printer was disabled during the installation.

1) Please look for the ActiveX bar (also called the Windows Information Bar) across the top of the page.

2) You may be prompted with this message: “The previous webpage might require the following add-on: ‘Couponprinter.ocx’ from ‘Coupons Inc.”. Click here to allow it to run...”

3) Click on the bar and select “Install ActiveX”. This will allow the Coupon Printer in Internet Explorer to print coupons.

Firefox:

1) Click "Tools" and select "Add-ons"

2) Under "Plugins" both plugins for "Coupons, Inc." should be enabled.

Safari:

1) Click the Safari menu and select "Preferences"

2) Under the "Security" icon, make sure "Enable plug-ins" is checked

Your antivirus software may also be preventing you from installing the coupon printer. You can safely “whitelist” our plugin if your anti-virus software has the option to, or you can disable its active protection to install the coupon printer. Once you’ve done so turn active protection back on. Your program may require that you also add our domain (http://bricks.coupons.com) to the website "exceptions" or "whitelist" to successfully print.

If you are trying to print coupons at work, library, Internet cafe, or university, you may not have administrative permissions required to download and install programs onto the computer you are using. This may be true even if you've downloaded and installed other files or programs onto this computer. If attempting to print coupons from a shared computing environment, please contact your network administrator for more information. If you have a home computer, you may find it easier to access and print our coupons there.

Thank you for contacting us about this issue, we value your feedback. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply to this message so that we may further assist you.

Customer Support

Coupons.com, Incorporated

[ref:_00D305s0J._50060NZiqx:ref]

I have tried all of the above suggestions that applied to my version of windows. I have both Chrome, which I use almost exclusively, and Internet Explorer which my husband prefers. I have tried to print coupons from both browsers to no avail. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely, Jennifer

From the link that you provided: http://bricks.coupons.com, it resolved to this site: http://www.groceryiq....aspx?home=true

This site appears to be primarily for iphone & ipad users, but what is even more interesting is this:

How do I print coupons from my device?

First, make sure your device is connected to the same wireless network as your printer(s). Then, select a printer from the "Printers" menu in the More tab.

In the Coupons tab, "clip" coupons from the Coupons gallery. After you've finished clipping, select "View Cart" at the bottom of the screen and then "Print Coupons." Please note that at this time, Grocery iQ can only print to HP printers.

http://www.groceryiq.com/support_iphone.aspx

Are you using an HP printer? Why they say it makes a difference is beyond me.

I don't know the specific answer to your question, but hope that this discovered information may be of some value.

:) Y

There is nothing in PC Matic that blocks web sties, programs, etc. That is not a function that PC Matic has.

Likewise, it would not be SuperShield that is doing it either, as although SuperShield does block unknown or known bad executable files (it does not block websites), it displays an unmistakable message that it has done so. If you are not seeing a message from SuperShield that it is blocking something, then it would not be the source of the problem either.

To verify whether or not SuperShield is interfering, click on the green shield in the lower right by the Windows time and then click on "Activity". That will display a list of everything that SuperShield has allowed or blocked. Blocked items will be in red. If you find the coupon printing program listed there in red, you can change to Advanced Mode, then run the program again and you should then be presented with the option to click on Always Allow to add it to the SuperShield white list.

Thank you for letting me know that...I looked into the "Activity" and did not see anything blocked, so now I at least know that pcmatic is not the problem. I appreciate you taking the time to help me troubleshoot my issue. Have a great day, and wish me luck getting to the bottom of coupon problem...Thanks again! Sincerely, Jennifer

Before I go to the forum you suggested to try to get my problem figured out, I have one more thing I wanted to bring up...So, since I was not able to print from my desktop computer, I got out my laptop and tried to print from that computer...I am having the exact same problem with that machine too...The only things they both have in common, are that I could print coupons up until I started getting my PcPitstop renewal pop-up when rebooting...Could that have something to do with it? I remember last year before I renewed they were both acting up. Is there some way to disable that? Can I uninstall PCPitstop and then try to print them and if it still doesn't print the coupons or recogize that the program is installed, can I then reinstall PCPitstop? I plan on renewing, but I don't want to just yet...I have like 40ish days before it expires. Please advise...Thanks, Jennifer

There should not be anything in the reminder notices that should be causing any issues. However, stranger things have happened with computers.

You can use Ctrl+Shift+Esc on the keyboard to open the Windows Task Manager, then click on the Processes tab, then find the PC Pitstop InfoCenter.exe and highlight it, then click the button to End Process.

Once it is stopped, go to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) and uninstall the PC Pitstop InfoCenter from there.