Sign in to follow this  
Mike Duncan

Ascendtech - avoid them, not reputable

I recently on-line ordered a replacement motherboard for my Dell Dimension 2400 from Ascendtech. Good price, prepaid ship, but had to inquire re order status, slow delivery. But board did not match original, differing connectors, missing bd part #, and worse, did not even power up PC, i.e. DOA. [Confusion re shipped part due to my error re order #, but rectified, not germaine here.] No reason to think I did not install bd correctly, later re-install of my original bd left PC working as before. Steve, Ascendtech's customer service tech, never did acknowledge that pd was most likely defective, said "did you read fine print?" re RMA ship charges which i paid. Finally, they refunded me only $33 of $45 cost, no idea why it is short, perhaps a "restock fee" for a dead bd in my opinion. Do not do business with these people.

this forum is for help...did you need help?

there are plenty of places to state an opinion about a company, this isn't really the right outlet for that.