Sign in to follow this  
jkevin

Cannot get PC Matic to work

I have tried numerous times to get PC Matic to work on my system.

I have downloaded and installed the software 4 times.

When I run the software all that I get is a blank box with 3 gears turning in the middle.

I have left it for an hour and it still stays the same.

I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips and even turned off my AV and firewall.

I cannot see buying it if it will not run much less fix anything.

My system is: Dell Precision 490, Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks,

jkevin

:wp:

You will need to set your firewall to allow www.pcpitstop.com. The corresponding IP is 64.29.201.21. The program name is PCMatic.exe.

If the issue persists try running PC Matic from Safe Mode with Networking to determine if the problem is with a third-party application interfering.

To access Safe Mode with Networking repeatedly tap the F5 or F8 key while the computer is booting up. Once the menu opens, select Safe Mode with Networking. The screen will look different because the video driver is not loaded. That will return to normal after a reboot. To run PC Matic, you may need to go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>PC Matic if the desktop icons are not present.

If the computer connects to the Internet using a wireless connection, it may be necessary to connect using an Ethernet cable in order to have Internet access from Safe Mode with Networking.

If it completes from Safe Mode with Networking but will not complete from Windows, it is being blocked from exchanging information with our server by a third-party program, most likely a firewall.

If PC Matic is not loading from Safe Mode with Networking then the next thing to check is the Active X function on the computer.

I have already set up the firewall with the site , IP's and program.

It will not run even with the firewall turned off and the AV turned off.

I tried to run it in safe mode and got the same blank window.

My computer is connected with an ethernet cable not wireless.

I have run the repair-activex.cmd from the troubleshooting pages.

I ran the install as an administrator and also ran the program as an administrator.

jkevin

The indication is that you are seeing an Active X issue. What is the result of running the Active X test from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/testax.asp

Also, open Interenet Explorer and go to: Tools | Manage Add-ons | Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer and also | Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer and verify that all Active X add-ons from PC Pitstop are enabled.

I, too, am experiencing a problem running PCMatic. This is pretty recent; this week, as a matter of fact. I've been a user since May of last year and have been able to run it regularly without issue. I tried to run a scan on Tuesday of this week, but the program wouldn't boot up. The splash screen hung up on the first graphic with the three gears and after a few minutes switches to a Windows error page saying "The program cannot display the webpage." Should I try reinstalling the program?

:wp: Jaxons-Dad*2002

From your desciption it sounds like there has been an update to your security sofware or firewall, as something on the computer is blocking PC Matic from having Internet access.

You will need to set your firewall/security software to allow www.pcpitstop.com. The corresponding IP is 198.101.174.136. The program name is PCMatic.exe and PC Matic also needs to be able to receive incoming data.

If you are also using the Windows XP firewall, go to Start>Control Panel>Windows Firewall>General and make sure that the "Don't allow exceptions" box is NOT checked.

Also, please check for the setting below, and if it exists, that it is set to 'OK'.

Start/ControlPanel/SecurityCenter/WindowsFirewall/Advanced(TAB)/NetworkConnectionSettings/SelectSettings(RadioButton)/ICMP(TAB)/Check Allow Incoming ECHO/ OK

If the issue persists try running PC Matic from Safe Mode with Networking to determine if the problem is with a third-party application interfering.

To access Safe Mode with Networking repeatedly tap the F5 or F8 key while the computer is booting up. Once the menu opens, select Safe Mode with Networking, and later when prompted, administrator. The screen will look different because the video driver is not loaded. That will return to normal after a reboot. To run PC Matic, you may need to go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>PC Matic if the desktop icons are not present.

If the computer connects to the Internet using a wireless connection, it may be necessary to connect using an Ethernet cable in order to have Internet access from Safe Mode with Networking.

If it completes from Safe Mode with Networking but will not complete from Windows, it is being blocked from exchanging information with our server by a third-party program, most likely a firewall.

Let us know if the issue persists.

I too am having problems. i'm running Windows Vista 64 bit on aHP w2338h system. When I try to run PCMatic I get the following in a popup:

File: PCMatic UI-main.js?7180

Line: 2051

Error: Unable to get value of the property 'Set String'; object is null or undefined

The rectangle just sits there with the gears running-now what?

I too am having problems. i'm running Windows Vista 64 bit on aHP w2338h system. When I try to run PCMatic I get the following in a popup:

File: PCMatic UI-main.js?7180

Line: 2051

Error: Unable to get value of the property 'Set String'; object is null or undefined

The rectangle just sits there with the gears running-now what?

:wp:

The first step to try to resolve the error message is to clear the browser cache. In IE6 go to Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>General>Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files >put a checkmark by "Delete all offline content" then click OK>OK. For IE7/8/9/10 Go to Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Browsing History>Delete> and click the button to delete the temporary Internet Files, then click 'yes', 'close', 'OK'.

If that does not resolve the issue, run the Windows registry repair tool from the link below:

http://files.pcpitstop.com/support/Repair-ActiveX.cmd

As you are using Vista 64 bit, first save the file above to your desktop, then right-click on the saved file and select, "Run as administrator".

When you run the tool you should see a command window open and be able to watch the tool's progress. The tool may appear to 'hang' once or twice, but if you wait the tool should complete.

If the problem still exists, run the Active X control removal tool from the link below:

http://files.pcpitstop.com/support/Remove-All.cmd

Again, first save the file above to your desktop, right-click and extract the file, then right-click on the extracted file and select, "Run as administrator".

Once the removal tool completes, run PC Matic again and it should download new Active X controls.

If the issue is not resolved please open a ticket at our help desk:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp