Change Mode

ASUS Pad | Transformer Pad Infinity

So Christmas is right around the corner. I went out shopping and got someone who wants a tablet an ASUS pad Transformer Infinity.

It is killing me to have this thing here. I sooooooooo want to open it and play with it. :lol:

I may have to have someone lock it away for me until Xmas for fear of my curiosity getting the better of me and forcing me to open it. :shifty:

he won't mind.. :rofl3:

and at least now it has all their accounts/books on it plus a few apps and films so he can see how it works on xmas day.

my mum will probably monopolise it anyway. :mrgreen:

got 2 others for my daughters that i won't open tho.. :rofl3:

:b33r:

• 3 weeks later...

bet that was your idea to have an early christmas just so you could play with it. :laughing:

glad you like it bruce, must admit i was amazed at how much better these tablets have gotten in such a short time, seems like only last week i tried one and it was slow and frustrating as anything to use, but the nexus 7 i bought for my parents worked flawlessly, and totally impressed me, still don't think i'd use it for much else than reading books at home tho, but a great device for taking away with you on holidays or something.

:b33r:

I have been using it a lot Terry. I read a lot on the internet, I research a lot of info, and I need to carry a lot of paperwork in my new position, and I go to a lot of meetings. Being that this is a 10.1 with quad core processor and nvidia graphics it is extremely fast. It is perfect for bringing along all the documents I need, I have set up "owncloud" on it to sync with a specific directory my work computer and home computer. It can print to my work printer, home printer, or the copying machine at the town hall. Polaris Office is surprisingly good, and the weather apps keep me updated on what is going on outside. I have just barely started putting it to use but already I can see it will be traveling with me a lot.

I love the thing! Much better than lugging a laptop around.

I looked at the nexus 7 and 10, but wanted the ability to have external ports. HDMI, USB, External mini card slot, and sd card slot and capabilty of the keyboard addition, not to mention 1920x1200 resolution. The nexus line was nice but the lack of ports was a no go for me. I have a friend who got a couple nexus 7 and they are very nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought the keyboard/dock for the transformer infinity. This is about the sweetest tablet I have used. Plug the keyboard/dock in and you get a full qwerty keyboard, trackpad, usb port, extra battery, and extra storage. Behaves exactly like any laptop would. Unplug it and you have the convience of just the tablet. I am currently using it with the keyboard/dock attached and a usb mouse plugged in. :banana2: :banana2:

Archived