Sign in to follow this  
ChillSaint00

Lag spikes online gaming - my PC or my ISP?

I've been experiencing incredibly frustrating spikes anytime I play any game online in the upwards of 2-3k MS about every 30 seconds. Speedtest, ping test, all those come back perfect with no packet loss and a 28 MS ping. Everything runs smoothly for the first few minutes or so and then it just continously 'sputters' every 30 seconds. I'm hardwired into a router with another PC - I've directly connected into 2 separate modems (one old, one new). I have a wireless network for all the other stuff like my Kindle, smart phone, printer, laptop etc. I have also shut that down in attempts to troubleshoot this. I have tried gaming on all 3 different computers and still get the same spikes. What else can I be trying until my ISP can get someone out here to figure out what the hell is going on?

Thank you...

Edit: Also removed the splitter and directly connected to the modem, did not help.

Edited by ChillSaint00

Have you tried resetting the router and then making sure all settings for the router are correct? Try flushing jyour DNS...

Copy and paste these lines into Notepad.

@Echo on

pushdwindowssystem32driversetc

attrib -h -s -r hosts

echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS

attrib +r +h +s hosts

popd

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset all

netsh int ip reset all

shutdown -r -t 1

del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop.

Double click on the flush.bat file to run it. Vista and Windows 7... right click the .bat file and choose to run as Administrator. Your computer will reboot itself.

See if that helps any...

:geezer: