Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pjwilson83

Please help - 'Bad Image' error messages AND I can't reins

Hi, I am new to the forums but I really need someone to help me.

Sorry if this will be a bit long-winded but please bear with me and I'll try and explain as best as I can.

Whenever I start up Windows I keep getting the following warning message

*program name*.exe - Bad Image

C:Windows...(file path for program)... is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support

More than one of them always pops up, each one relating to a different program. An example of some are:

ItunesHelper.exe

Monitor.exe

jucheck.exe

.NET-BroadcastEventwindow.exe

This all means nothing to me. I tried using MalwareBytes scan but it said that there was no malware on my computer. I also tried System Restore to two previous points but it didn't work.

Then I noticed that my AVG Identity Protection was disabled and figured that because of that, maybe my laptop had been infected with something.

So I went to AVG forums and read various other posts about the Identity Protection being disabled and the first port of call seems to be to download the AVG remover tool, remove AVG and it's corresponding folders from the system, then download and install the file for AVG 2013.

I have did all this but now, going back to the original problem, whenever I am trying to install the new version of AVG, I am still getting this 'Bad Image' warning message preventing me from installing it.

So, I am still getting these Bad Image messages and now I don't have any AVG protection on my computer. I don't know what to do. I am currently doing everything online from my iPhone as I'm too scared to go online on my laptop as its not protected now.

Download DDS

and save it to your desktop. Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)

Vista/Win7 right click on the DDS icon and select "Run as Administrator" to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run). XP just double click the icon to run the tool.

When done, DDS.txt will open.

After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.

Save both reports to your desktop.

Please post the contents of the DDS.txt and Attach.txt logs in a new thread that you start here > http://forums.pcpits...-been-hijacked/

:geezer: